Selective services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selective services

My husband was two months short of 26 years of age when he got the greencard. We were never told anything about selective services, so he did not register. The first time we heard about selective services was when we started filling out the N-400 application for naturalization. Our lawyer told us that since he is over 32 years, he is automatically forgiven for not having registered,but I haven't read anything about that anywhere. He says to answer "no" on that question and go on. We are hesitant to send the application like that. Any input on this? Any experiences?
    Thanks

My husband was two months short of 26 years of age when he got the greencard. We were never told anything about selective services, so he did not register. The first time we heard about selective services was when we started filling out the N-400 application for naturalization. Our lawyer told us that since he is over 32 years, he is automatically forgiven for not having registered,but I haven't read anything about that anywhere. He says to answer "no" on that question and go on. We are hesitant to send the application like that. Any input on this? Any experiences?
    Thanks

Comment

He commited the offence more than 5 years ago, so he can show good morale charachter for the 5 years since he is good to go.

Comment

Working...
      X