Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Student on Deportation

I have a question..

I am an F1 visa holder and missed to enroll the last 2 semesters. I have been working off campus since then.

INS came by my house 2x, but on both times, I was not home. After giving it much thought, I am now ready to go home and take the consequences of my violations. Do I need to contact them that I am indeed departing the country? If I do, does anyone know the things by which they will subject me to? Would it be btter to depart quietly, or will they be able to stop me at the airport?

Thank you very much for your inputs. Sorry that I abused the system.

I have a question..

I am an F1 visa holder and missed to enroll the last 2 semesters. I have been working off campus since then.

INS came by my house 2x, but on both times, I was not home. After giving it much thought, I am now ready to go home and take the consequences of my violations. Do I need to contact them that I am indeed departing the country? If I do, does anyone know the things by which they will subject me to? Would it be btter to depart quietly, or will they be able to stop me at the airport?

Thank you very much for your inputs. Sorry that I abused the system.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Most people don't think that students who fall out of status would run into a situation similar to yours. Your post brings to light just how important it is to maintain your status.

That being said, keep in mind that you can file for a reinstatement via form I-539. I don't think it will be approved because you have worked illegally, but if your not ready to leave it is worth a try. They will not deport you until a decision has been made on the reinstatement request.

Comment

Working...
      X