student visa for 15 y/o?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student visa for 15 y/o?

My husbands brother wants to come and stay with us for 3-4 months. He is 15 years old. Would it be possible to get him a student visa - like the ones they give to exchange students?

How would we go about doing something like this?

My husbands brother wants to come and stay with us for 3-4 months. He is 15 years old. Would it be possible to get him a student visa - like the ones they give to exchange students?

How would we go about doing something like this?

Comment

Don't know the answer but I will mention that in the last year or so, many schools (ie: Elementary, Middle, or High) are now asking for proof of legal residence upon enrollment which surprised me as I thought that illegals were being granted education rights (ie: in CA)

However, that may vary state to state as I believe that some states have an 'Don't ask' policy when it comes to things like schools, medical, and or police (ie: NYC).

So how is that for an unanswer?

ARQU

Comment

It should be easy to get a visa to study language... Check out local language schools, that's what my friends used for the purpose of visiting here..

Comment

Thanks!!! I'll look into it a bit more! I had heard that the require proof of residency if students are going to obtain credit for their studies - however, I imagine that this is different for exchange students and for students that will not receive credit.

There aren't many language schools in this area (oddly enough!) However, I will look into that possibility.

Thank you both...

Comment

Working...
          X