Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens during the Green Card interview at the Baltimore, MD office...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens during the Green Card interview at the Baltimore, MD office...

My interview was over a month ago at the Baltimore MD office. I wanted to wait to post so that it would not affect my case, but I received so much info from this site and I hope my experience helps you too!!
    Going in to the building it's a long line for the security check. Just LISTEN to their instructions...be polite and go right in. The waiting room was just like a doctors office pretty full, a few kids running around, the "usual". They call you very close to your scheduled time...my lawyer said they do give you a 20min leeway though, for lateness. You follow the agent to a sorta rundown office...cases stacked high on a desk. Harsh flourescent lighting, uncomfortable chairs etc...YOU MUST STAND/DO NOT SIT til you have taken an oath & shown your ID. Immediately the questions start...my examiner was young & "BY THE BOOK"! ALL THE WAY. He followed the sheet each & every line. So ALL of the things people say that you SHOULD worry about take w/a grain of salt...that's only if they DO NOT BELIEVE YOU in the initial interview.
    Our interviewer asked questions that me & my husband or ANYONE rarely talk about like:
    -What is your spouse's PARENTS MAIDEN NAME!!
    -WHAT YEAR was your divorce final in the courts.
    -What SCHOOLS {names & locations} did your spouse attend and what COURSES did they study!!
    -You have to know your SPOUSES previous home addresses I couldn't remember my own address of where I lived before let alone TALK about it to my foreign born spouse!! You have to know the ADDRESS ##, STREET, CITY, EVERYTHING!!
    -You have to know your spouses parents place of birth!! Of course where your spouse was born etc..but where his PARENTS were born?? Come on..
    -You have to know your spouses parents correct pronunciation of names!
    -They will ask if you are learning your spouses language/religion...prove it by showing rentals from the library...
    *I recommend highly to have an EXTRA copy for the agent of ALL documents in a nice plastic sheet or folder.
    -My agent did look at the photo al***s and closely...He will ask who is who. You and your spouse should really have a "blend" of friends. And evidence of this. It was glaringly obvious that I hadn't met any of my husbands friends.
    -All of our bills were changed over to both of our names which is important. We even had video rental cards, library cards, the "little" stuff.
    -Your spouses name NEEDS to be on your car insurance and lease. As an extra, add them to your health insurance too!
    *It's most important that you and your spouse NOT make any eye contact or talk to each other...I had no idea how long my husband was in school here and he made hand signals I KNOW THE AGENT SAW HIM...so please don't do that!
    -O! the examiner wants to know HOW you met...HOW the proposal took place...receipt for the rings etc...they spent alot of time on that subject for some reason.Don't be embarresed if you met on-line...but they want to know the EXACT site. For some reason e-mails that we wrote to each other really helped! That was my husband's idea and he was right. This establishes the relationship as it started to develop.
    When you sit angle your bodies toward each other some. Smile, laugh, the examiner will ask do u have children or are you pregnant now...my husband said I don't think so but maybe she isn't telling me something...I just blushed...so little things like that help...and it warmed my heart hoping he DOES want a child! Though we are over 40 hmm... I also recommend dressing nicely..."Sunday Best" is what we used to call it. No cellphones...no baseball caps. If you have to wear jeans wear a shirt or jacket with them. Show respect.
    Now, some examiners will tell you right away if you are accepted... of course OURS said he has to review some things...oi! but our Welcome letter came 3-4 weeks later!
    Parking is right next to the building. When you leave I recommend going out & getting a bite to eat. Take a deep breath, the hard part is finally over!!
    In closing...I am lucky I met my honey...I do not tell my friends/famiy/ co workers we met on the internet. He is Middle Eastern man and I hope and pray that he did not marry me for green card. So I just ask you all to pray for me that I will be okay...I don't have anyone else in the world. And life for me has not been easy...I do wonder why someone from another country loves me and not anyone here...but I can't stop too long and think negatively. I hope your love w/ your FBS is true & sincere. But we never really know do we?

My interview was over a month ago at the Baltimore MD office. I wanted to wait to post so that it would not affect my case, but I received so much info from this site and I hope my experience helps you too!!
    Going in to the building it's a long line for the security check. Just LISTEN to their instructions...be polite and go right in. The waiting room was just like a doctors office pretty full, a few kids running around, the "usual". They call you very close to your scheduled time...my lawyer said they do give you a 20min leeway though, for lateness. You follow the agent to a sorta rundown office...cases stacked high on a desk. Harsh flourescent lighting, uncomfortable chairs etc...YOU MUST STAND/DO NOT SIT til you have taken an oath & shown your ID. Immediately the questions start...my examiner was young & "BY THE BOOK"! ALL THE WAY. He followed the sheet each & every line. So ALL of the things people say that you SHOULD worry about take w/a grain of salt...that's only if they DO NOT BELIEVE YOU in the initial interview.
    Our interviewer asked questions that me & my husband or ANYONE rarely talk about like:
    -What is your spouse's PARENTS MAIDEN NAME!!
    -WHAT YEAR was your divorce final in the courts.
    -What SCHOOLS {names & locations} did your spouse attend and what COURSES did they study!!
    -You have to know your SPOUSES previous home addresses I couldn't remember my own address of where I lived before let alone TALK about it to my foreign born spouse!! You have to know the ADDRESS ##, STREET, CITY, EVERYTHING!!
    -You have to know your spouses parents place of birth!! Of course where your spouse was born etc..but where his PARENTS were born?? Come on..
    -You have to know your spouses parents correct pronunciation of names!
    -They will ask if you are learning your spouses language/religion...prove it by showing rentals from the library...
    *I recommend highly to have an EXTRA copy for the agent of ALL documents in a nice plastic sheet or folder.
    -My agent did look at the photo al***s and closely...He will ask who is who. You and your spouse should really have a "blend" of friends. And evidence of this. It was glaringly obvious that I hadn't met any of my husbands friends.
    -All of our bills were changed over to both of our names which is important. We even had video rental cards, library cards, the "little" stuff.
    -Your spouses name NEEDS to be on your car insurance and lease. As an extra, add them to your health insurance too!
    *It's most important that you and your spouse NOT make any eye contact or talk to each other...I had no idea how long my husband was in school here and he made hand signals I KNOW THE AGENT SAW HIM...so please don't do that!
    -O! the examiner wants to know HOW you met...HOW the proposal took place...receipt for the rings etc...they spent alot of time on that subject for some reason.Don't be embarresed if you met on-line...but they want to know the EXACT site. For some reason e-mails that we wrote to each other really helped! That was my husband's idea and he was right. This establishes the relationship as it started to develop.
    When you sit angle your bodies toward each other some. Smile, laugh, the examiner will ask do u have children or are you pregnant now...my husband said I don't think so but maybe she isn't telling me something...I just blushed...so little things like that help...and it warmed my heart hoping he DOES want a child! Though we are over 40 hmm... I also recommend dressing nicely..."Sunday Best" is what we used to call it. No cellphones...no baseball caps. If you have to wear jeans wear a shirt or jacket with them. Show respect.
    Now, some examiners will tell you right away if you are accepted... of course OURS said he has to review some things...oi! but our Welcome letter came 3-4 weeks later!
    Parking is right next to the building. When you leave I recommend going out & getting a bite to eat. Take a deep breath, the hard part is finally over!!
    In closing...I am lucky I met my honey...I do not tell my friends/famiy/ co workers we met on the internet. He is Middle Eastern man and I hope and pray that he did not marry me for green card. So I just ask you all to pray for me that I will be okay...I don't have anyone else in the world. And life for me has not been easy...I do wonder why someone from another country loves me and not anyone here...but I can't stop too long and think negatively. I hope your love w/ your FBS is true & sincere. But we never really know do we?

Comment

HI Farrah, I remember your story and wanted to wish you all the very best, and hope all will work out and have a wonderful life together.

Take care
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Congrats! I've read your story before.
        Love is what your heart dictates.
        Never ever put the immigration status in between..just think of going forward together
        i'll be okey farah! Goodluck!

Comment

hello Farrah

Congratulations for his greencard.

Did he come to live with you yet?

Comment

I do wish you all the best!!!
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Farrah

Congratulation for you and your husband, hope you guys have a good live and happy together. It is really amazing story, you had interview after 6 months you got married. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X