Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice

Hi everyone
    I have a question and I and really confused with it...I applied for my sister's immigration 10 years ago...last month I got a letter on my name saying that her process is now being processed and being her agent I need to send them 70 dollars...which I did , Then after 2 weeks I got another letter and it said that we need to send them 400 dollars and same additional fee to each person traveling with her...my sister lives in US.so I called the Immigration Office and they told me ,that all this paper work is for people who lives out of United States....this same thing happened with my brother In law whose sister applied for him....please guide .. thanksyou so much

Hi everyone
    I have a question and I and really confused with it...I applied for my sister's immigration 10 years ago...last month I got a letter on my name saying that her process is now being processed and being her agent I need to send them 70 dollars...which I did , Then after 2 weeks I got another letter and it said that we need to send them 400 dollars and same additional fee to each person traveling with her...my sister lives in US.so I called the Immigration Office and they told me ,that all this paper work is for people who lives out of United States....this same thing happened with my brother In law whose sister applied for him....please guide .. thanksyou so much

Comment

Hi AJ,

Welcome. How and when did your sister enter the US and what is her current status? Are you a USC?

Comment

Thankyou very much for your concern
        She entered US on Visting Visa in 1995, and she has no status right now...and I am USC since 1996.
        Thanks again...AJ

Comment

Is this an Amnesty application?

Comment

Hi AJ,

I'm no expert on this matter, but it sounds like your sister needs an AOS (adjustment of status) since she did enter the US legally. Have you talked to an immigration attorney at all? Perhaps a brief consult would be helpful and perhaps save some confusion down the road.

I wish you lots of luck that this matter will be straightened out, AJ!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              Hi AJ,

I'm no expert on this matter, but it sounds like your sister needs an AOS (adjustment of status) since she did enter the US legally. Have you talked to an immigration attorney at all? Perhaps a brief consult would be helpful and perhaps save some confusion down the road.

I wish you lots of luck that this matter will be straightened out, AJ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is not adjusting through marriage so amnesty would be the only option.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                Hi AJ,

I wish you lots of luck that this matter will be straightened out, AJ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is not adjusting through marriage so amnesty would be the only option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess AJ needs to come back to explain what type of paperwork she submitted for her sister 10 years ago. (Does it really take that long to get an answer? Geez, unbelievable!)

Comment

Check out if beneficiary you applied for (your sister, in this case) is grandmothered under 245(i). If so, your sister may still AOS in US under any category, regardless of her overstay.

Contact an attorney.
                  If you have ZERO $$$ to spare then simply google for "free immigration consultation", get toll-free number, pick-up the phone and have a 15 minute conversation that will clear things up.

Good luck
                  Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

thanks you for all the help guys, I'll call them,

Comment

in other words, the OP's sister is nothing but a lowlife douchebag visa cheat....here's some good news....she won't be able to adjust status because being the sister of a douchebag has no standing....a visa cheat = a visa cheat....no matter how one wishes to sugarcoat the label....so keep spending your money, douchebag,...your sister will NOT be able to adjust her illegal scumbag status nor file for a waiver because there is NO hardship to the douchbag American brother if the equally douching illegal alien visa-cheating sister isn't allowed to obtain an immigrant visa...and frankly, our country will be a bette place without her.....

Comment

S12, do you have anything better to do than bash family-based immigration? Go pick on the undocumented workers. If ANY group of people deserves to cheat the system, it's the family based people who have to wait a FREAKING YEAR OR MORE for their loved ones.

Go piss off to another thread. Idiot.
                        --------------------
                        "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I Really Don't Like Being Hateful!!! But The Op and The Situation In The Here and Now Of 2008 Will Have Very Tall Hurdles!!!

When Most Visit USA, In Most Cases 6 Months Is Given. To Jeapardize Yourself and The Outcome By Over staying. Was Not A good Choice!!!! I Have Friends That Visit every Year!!! 5 Monthes and 15 Days Is LIMIT!!!! The Blacklist Is So Large!!!!! WHY??????

AMNESTY???? . Gotta Divulge The Why????

They Always Know The Perimeters and The Rules Before hand!!! Even Better Than Most USA Citizens. Yet They Take Chances!!!! Then After They Realize It Is More Difficult To Slide Through. ILW Is The END GAME for Answers!!!

Is Why I Stay Within My Own Perimeters Of Tunes and Far Away From The BS!!!
                          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

jermcool...you should study US immigration law...there are numerically limited categories for certain immigrant visas...and that's just life, bozo.....Congress makes those decisions, not some trailer trash like you....and just because one does not agree with our laws is not justification to ignore or violate those laws...but then, one has to have an IQ higher than 86 to understand that concept...and you are way below that standard....

Comment

If JC is below that standard S12...then you don't even begin to make the grade. As JC said, go away and piss off somebody else please

"What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
                              X