Termination of Conditional Residence Status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination of Conditional Residence Status

Hello guys, help me understand this situation. I had a letter from vermont to come with my spouse for interview at Newark regarding the Removal of conditional status. I am in a divorce process waiting for the court date. When I received the interview letter, my lawyer wrote a letter to immigration in Newark asking to reschedule my interview. For whatever reason, Newark sent me a letter dated the day of my interview and stating that my Conditional Status has been Terminated and all privilages accorded to me as well. I am not sure if they sent this letter because they did not receive the letter from my lawyer or they could not match the letter to my file. What does this mean and what can I do in this case?

My wife and I have filed for divorce but it is not final.

Hello guys, help me understand this situation. I had a letter from vermont to come with my spouse for interview at Newark regarding the Removal of conditional status. I am in a divorce process waiting for the court date. When I received the interview letter, my lawyer wrote a letter to immigration in Newark asking to reschedule my interview. For whatever reason, Newark sent me a letter dated the day of my interview and stating that my Conditional Status has been Terminated and all privilages accorded to me as well. I am not sure if they sent this letter because they did not receive the letter from my lawyer or they could not match the letter to my file. What does this mean and what can I do in this case?

My wife and I have filed for divorce but it is not final.

Comment

dabadaba:

When did you file your I-751 with VSC? When did you get a letter from VSC stating that your case has been transfer to Newark? When did you get the letter from Newark for the interview?

They probably did not get that letter that your lawyer sent. Since you have a lawyer, and I hope is a competent one he should fix your situation up. If your lawyer sent that letter certified mail [he should have] he could prove with a return receipt that they got the letter. If your lawyer is not of much help ask him to provide you with a copy of the letter he sent and write to your congressman asking for his assistance. Lawyers lie a lot sometimes to their clients [I can't stand that] and perhaps your lawyer had the intetion of sending that letter but he never did...you better make sure.

Comment

I filed I175 Oct. 2002 and got a letter in May 2004 saying that my file has been transferred to Newark awaiting interview date. I received letter for interview dated 10/05/2004 to show up with my spouse with evidence to proof bonified marriage, 2 pictures, my conditional green card, passport on 10/26/2004.

Actually, my lawyer did send a letter asking for reschedule. I got a copy of the letter in the mail dated 10/14/2004. When I received copy of my lawyer's letter, I called him to confirm that I did not have to go for the interview since he sent them the letter, so I did not show up.

Then, I got a letter from Newark dated 10/26/2004, date of the interview subject, TERMINATION OF CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE STATUS.
        My lawyer told me he would send an other letter to remind them that he did send one before to ask for reschedule. I am so confused now because it is stated that all my previleges are terminated. I am still waiting for my divorce to get the decree.

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER BITES THE DUST !!!!
          GO USCIS !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Michael's back. Get ready.
            Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Micheal, this is your last chance to leave this board and its members and guests alone.

I don't want to see you here, especially during working hours, if you don't want to do it, then listen to Jo

Comment

I just like saying "get ready."

Hi, Injoy, Happy Halloween!
                Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Michale, This time you have missed because it is an honest person biting the dust not a fraudster. Is ok to hit me hard but I could use your expertise or opinion in this regard as long as that is helpful.

Has anyone experience this before. All I wanted for them to reschedule so that I could complete my divorce but it did not seem like they received or able to match the letter to my file. So they issued a Letter of termination. My lawyer did not even get a copy, so that shows that they are not even aware of him. But he sent them a letter because he sent me copy in the mail. Guys give your opinion.

Comment

I dumped our lawyer when he wouldn't answer me about the fees going up, when I knew they had.

Oh yeah, and quoting us $500 an hour (travel time included) to go to Spec. Reg. with us.

We saw him take people to Spec. Reg. He left, but they didn't.
                    Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

If you file by yourself, you just need to followup with the USCIS, if you hire a lawyer, you'll have a double work!

I dumped my lawyer when he sent our applications to a different county, he also refused to go with us to the interview. I think it's a stereotype here in the US.

Comment

Lawyers are crook!

Deport all lawyers!
                        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

I'm NEVER hiring an immigration lawyer again. The a-hole stopped responding when I needed him, plus he mislead me on local INS office procedures.

Good thing is, I saved a lot of money after I got rid of him.

DEPORT ALL IMMIGRATION LAWYERS

Comment

Working...
                          X