I-539 Mailed on 7-26-07 and Still Waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 Mailed on 7-26-07 and Still Waiting

Has anyone else encountered such a delay in having their I-539 processed? My sister in-law's I-94 expires on 10-11-07 and we haven't
    received a reply on the extension of stay.

Package sent to the Vermont Service Center on 7-26-07 via regular mail and payment was with a US Postal Money order for $200.00. At time of mailing, the clerk affixed the postage and date of same.

Any advice or should we continue to wait?

Has anyone else encountered such a delay in having their I-539 processed? My sister in-law's I-94 expires on 10-11-07 and we haven't
    received a reply on the extension of stay.

Package sent to the Vermont Service Center on 7-26-07 via regular mail and payment was with a US Postal Money order for $200.00. At time of mailing, the clerk affixed the postage and date of same.

Any advice or should we continue to wait?

Comment

this is not unusual. As long as you have no reply from the USCIS, your sister in law is legally here, even if the answer is after 10-11-07.

Comment

Thanks for responding as it looked as though I wouldn't get an answer to my question. This puts my mind at ease. Again, thanks for the advice.

Comment

I contacted the National Customer Center phone (1-800-275-5283) to find out the status of my Nephew's AOS application pending since July 5, 2007
          with MO, Office. his Biometrics has been completed.
          They have no information, why it is pending, his friend she also mail her papers to the same office on same date, she had received an interview letter.

Will appreciate your response in this matter.

According to the uscis clerk, if he/she entered llegaly and over stayed his/her visa and the papers are still pending he/she is ok.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">contacted the National Customer Center phone (1-800-275-5283) to find out the status of my Nephew's AOS application pending since July 5, 2007 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The correct number is 1-800-375-5283 which I just called and it is of no help since a case number is required. We don't have a case number if all we are requesting is an extension of stay B-2 visitor. We will be traveling within the U.S., but don't want any problems with an expiring Visa. However, one member of this Board informed me that there won't be any problems, but I was trying to confirm that with the above contact number. They should have a real person to field phone calls!

Comment

Working...
            X