F1 status and I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 status and I-485

I came to the US in 1991 on F1. During that period I worked illegally all my school life and paid Taxes, I also dropped a few semesters, but according to my I-20's I have been on status. Well finally I graduated. I got my practical training EAD worked on it then I switched to H1B, after H1B I have left the country twice and re-entered US. I have been on H1B for more that three years. I have paid Taxes legally for last 3 years. Now it has been about four months since I have applied for I-485. I received my EAD, but no FP. Well my question is will my 485 be rejected since I worked illegally and dropped the semesters. I am really worried about it. Has anyone been in this situation and got his 485 approved. Please reply.

-sk

I came to the US in 1991 on F1. During that period I worked illegally all my school life and paid Taxes, I also dropped a few semesters, but according to my I-20's I have been on status. Well finally I graduated. I got my practical training EAD worked on it then I switched to H1B, after H1B I have left the country twice and re-entered US. I have been on H1B for more that three years. I have paid Taxes legally for last 3 years. Now it has been about four months since I have applied for I-485. I received my EAD, but no FP. Well my question is will my 485 be rejected since I worked illegally and dropped the semesters. I am really worried about it. Has anyone been in this situation and got his 485 approved. Please reply.

-sk

Comment

my 62 cents...
      your F-1 status is irrelevant in the I-485 as you have the H1B as your basis for filing .
      It's normal to have EAD first and then FP.Inquire if the service center have sent you the FP notice or if you have not receive it call as no show for the FP can be a ground of abandonment.

Comment

Working...
      X