Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission thru grandparent

Hello,

I am a Legal Permanent resident and I want to do a I-130 for my wife and 2 children. In addition, my parents are American Citizens, so I want to file a Transmission thru grandparent as well. What forms am I supposed to fill out besides the I-130 and the Transmission thru grandparent?

Please let me know at Diego_sesso@excite.com

Thank you

Hello,

I am a Legal Permanent resident and I want to do a I-130 for my wife and 2 children. In addition, my parents are American Citizens, so I want to file a Transmission thru grandparent as well. What forms am I supposed to fill out besides the I-130 and the Transmission thru grandparent?

Please let me know at Diego_sesso@excite.com

Thank you

Comment

As far as I know (I'm not a lawyer), having a citizen grandparent doesn't convey any direct immigration benefits on the grandkids. The grandkids' parent must naturalize or have derived citizenship. If the latter, the rules in effect at the time of the parent's birth determine if the parent can convey citizenship to the kids. Usually this will mean something like, the parent lived in the US for five years prior to his/her 14th birthday. It's possible if your parents themselves naturalized that you automatically qualified for citizenship if you were less than 18, again depending on the law at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X