paco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paco

Update on paco. Last hearing 9 monthes ago at immigration Kansas City. Still working with temp work permit, but at least not deported. At last hearing 17 local community leaders accompanied Paco to hearing for support. The immigration judge gave Paco a 17 month delay until next hearing date March 13, 2007. We had hoped comprehensive immigration reform would have passed before then, but this doesn't look too good right now. Maybe after November Congress will get something done. I think this is our best hope.

Update on paco. Last hearing 9 monthes ago at immigration Kansas City. Still working with temp work permit, but at least not deported. At last hearing 17 local community leaders accompanied Paco to hearing for support. The immigration judge gave Paco a 17 month delay until next hearing date March 13, 2007. We had hoped comprehensive immigration reform would have passed before then, but this doesn't look too good right now. Maybe after November Congress will get something done. I think this is our best hope.

Comment

Hi chuck

thanks for keeping us updated on the case. I often wondered what happened. 17 month delay is good.. a lot can happen in that time.

good luck to him

Comment

At last hearing 17 local community leaders accompanied Paco to hearing for support.
        Why with so much support Paco is unable to secure permanent or temporary legal status that could be adjusted later?

INA does have specific Sections authorizing AG to adjust the status of any illegal alien, irrespective of any other provision of INA, if AG finds that doing so would serve certain interests outlined within the scope of relevant sub-section of INA.

Maybe after November Congress will get something done. I think this is our best hope.
        Be realistic.
        After November things will only get worse - if you don't see it then you are blind to current dynamics.
        It's better to know the truth.

Good luck,

IE

Comment

antifacist---you stated

"Why with so much support Paco is unable to secure permanent or temporary legal status that could be adjusted later?

INA does have specific Sections authorizing AG to adjust the status of any illegal alien, irrespective of any other provision of INA, if AG finds that doing so would serve certain interests outlined within the scope of relevant sub-section of INA."

we do have an attourney and i would think she would cover all possible solutions.

paco does have temporary legal status while waiting for next hearing. is there a way to continue this? how would one go about getting AG to adjust status?

Comment

It's not up to you or paco, it's between the petitioning entity and AG.

Comment

Antifacist

I'm sorry Antifacist that I'm not savvy on all the terms. Pls bear with me. By the patitioning entity do you mean his employer could request? What is AG? Sorry I'm so uninformed. Chuck

Comment

The following quote is part of a quote from Antifacist.What does one do to file for such relief?

Why with so much support Paco is unable to secure permanent or temporary legal status that could be adjusted later?

INA does have specific Sections authorizing AG to adjust the status of any illegal alien, irrespective of any other provision of INA, if AG finds that doing so would serve certain interests outlined within the scope of relevant sub-section of INA.

Comment

Antifacist-Adjustiment of status is the section that has got Paco this far. The greatest hurdle is to satisfy the requirement of extreme hardship on a family member citizen. Paco's 11 year old citizen son is our hope, but to prove extreme hardship is difficult. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X