Guatemalan Friend Needs Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guatemalan Friend Needs Help

I have a friend from Guatemala. He came to the states in May 3, 1990. He applied for ABC amnesty (I don't know what this means, I hope u do) and was able to receive INS employment authorization cards from 1991 to 1997. It has been 10 years since he received his last card. Is there any hope of him getting another card, and/or applying for residency?

Needing direction please.
    D Torres

I have a friend from Guatemala. He came to the states in May 3, 1990. He applied for ABC amnesty (I don't know what this means, I hope u do) and was able to receive INS employment authorization cards from 1991 to 1997. It has been 10 years since he received his last card. Is there any hope of him getting another card, and/or applying for residency?

Needing direction please.
    D Torres

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Suspension of deportation rules

Under NACARA, certain individuals who are nationals of Guatemala, El Salvador and certain Eastern European countries can apply for suspension of deportation under pre-Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 rules.

The following persons are eligible for this form of relief:

2. A Guatemalan national who first entered the United States on or before October 1, 1990, and who registered for ABC benefits pursuant to such settlement agreement on or before December 31, 1991; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Links:

Rules on CA/EE Amnesty

S.D. rule in NACARA

NICARAGUAN AND CENTRAL AMERICAN RELIEF ACT (NACARA) from <A HREF="http://www.visalaw.com" TARGET=_blank>www.visalaw.com website</A>

This is not a legal advise. Consult professional, practicing attorney to get accurate, reliable answers to your questions (as it applies in specific circumstances you inquiring about).

Good luck

Comment

Thank you rationaE,

I am my friend's only friend with web access and I promised him I would start seeking info today. I wish he'd told me 3 years ago when I first met him. Thanks for the links I'll follow them and find out more info.

Thank U so much!
        D Torres

Comment

You are welcome, D Torres

Comment

Working...
          X