Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can I start working if a company sponsors me thru PERM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I start working if a company sponsors me thru PERM?

Can a small company sponsor me on PERM?
    This company grossed about $150T last year with some net income.
    If I work for them, hopefully they can generate more income.
    Another thing, do we need a lawyer to do PERM?
    Is there a guide we can follow somewhere?

Thanks.

Previous question:

i used to have an h1b (programmer), something happened (long story), now i am out of status and have overstayed. yes, i have an approved labor cert by an old employer, filed April 2001.

my question is:
    if a new sponsor will file for labor certification for me thru PERM, how long before i can start working for them? Would it take more than a year? thanks.

Can a small company sponsor me on PERM?
    This company grossed about $150T last year with some net income.
    If I work for them, hopefully they can generate more income.
    Another thing, do we need a lawyer to do PERM?
    Is there a guide we can follow somewhere?

Thanks.

Previous question:

i used to have an h1b (programmer), something happened (long story), now i am out of status and have overstayed. yes, i have an approved labor cert by an old employer, filed April 2001.

my question is:
    if a new sponsor will file for labor certification for me thru PERM, how long before i can start working for them? Would it take more than a year? thanks.

Comment

Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aloha:
        Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'll act immediately, it may be so even within a shorter period of time. All good tidings are coming your way: you have a line of work that's applicable in any line of petitioner's business, EB-2/EB-3 visa categories are "C"urrent across the board beginning next month, and you have your 245(i) coverage.

Comment

if i am lucky to find an employer to sponsor me, can i start working for them after labor certified or after EAD or wait for adjustment of status? at what stage i can start working? I appreciate any info. I know a little bit but not confident. Prospect employers usually will ask when one is legally allowed to work. Thanks.

Comment

oh, thanks for the info Rough Neighbor. greatly appreciated!

Comment

Where can we find some guidelines on PERM filing? Thanks.

Comment

Davdah.
                don't know where you're getting at.
                but anyways, i came here 1998 as a COBOL programmer. In 1999 I did VB6. Since 2001, when I became a CISA (certified info systems auditor), i worked as an auditor up to 2005. when i lost my visa, i did some web dev just using html (frontpage). now i am currently enhancing my websites using ready-made php script i bought. before i came here i did several languages rpg2,basic,clipper,foxpro,etc.
                can you help me? can anyone you know sponsor me?

Comment

If you are "grandfathered" under 245(i) then yes, you can still pursue your AOS (despite the fact that you were out of status for a long while).

However, I am not sure if your approved LC is still viable means of claiming benefits under 245(i), considering the fact that your previous employer has no intentions to sponsor you by the time your new employer applies for you.

It's fairly easy question though, a matter of regulation under Life Act. Just call any Immigration law office dealing with Employment based I-485 and they should be able to answer you right off the top of their head (if they don't hang up and call another law office).

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aloha:
                    Is there a possibility I can start working within 6 months? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you'll act immediately, it may be so even within a shorter period of time. All good tidings are coming your way: you have a line of work that's applicable in any line of petitioner's business, EB-2/EB-3 visa categories are "C"urrent across the board beginning next month, and you have your 245(i) coverage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Aloha, my previous statement above about the CURRENT (available) visa for most employment-based categories (except 'Other Worker') beginning this month went up in smoke. It's no longer the case since yesterday, July 2nd, the very first day it should have taken effect. Interestingly, the DOS blamed the USCIS and vice versa for the mishap. Haha! what a prehistoric blunder in 21st century America!

Comment

oh my! But when i looked at the visa bulletin just now, it still said CURRENT for EB 1,2, and 3. Where did you get your information, Rough Neighbor? why did you say it went up to smoke and yet what is posted is different? Thanks, anyway.

Comment

Look again

Comment

WOW, I have never read so many responds,that are all full of non sence and with know information or knowledge at all.

In order for a company to even able and allowed to sponsor you,the company has to put an add out,number one,for at least 90 days...looking for someone with the same qualification you have.Your company MUST proof without a shadow of a doubt,they not only looked for someone that is am american citizen for that position you have and do and they also must proof,no american can do what u provide for them.Thus, putting adds out,that they are looking for people that could do what you do.If they fail to proof that,you won't be even considered.

Then for a company to sponsor you,you will eventually have to wait up 2 years or even more,to receive and be accepted for a greencard,through a company.

Secondly,the whole proccess will cost over 3-4 grand to do that...and companies do not pay for that usually.So you will have to come up with that amount.

I know my best friend went through the same thing and his company was a million dollar automotive company,and he is a business development manager...and he applied with his company that sponsored him,while his work visa is still valid and won't expire for another 2 years....because,they had to do as early as possible,because whole sponsor process for comany spnsored greencard takes around 2-3 years...and now 1 month before the 2 year term with his 2nd 3 year work visa was about expired ansd his employment would have ended,he got his green card after 27 months,and a month before his visa expired.He was lucky,it worked out that close.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                            WOW, I have never read so many responds,that are all full of non sence and with know information or knowledge at all......... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May I ask you Honorable Mister, with due respect to your sweeping and arrogant judgment above:

a) have you ever read even in quick passing any of the statutes or regulations pertaining to the Labor Certification process or PERM (as of March 28, 2005)??????

b) aside from your second-hand knowledge of your best friend's case, have you ever, even in a slightest manner, had any involvement in any of this process???????

If your answer is NO, then please exercise a little bit of kind discretion in recklessly labeling other members' postings as "non sence" or them having "know information."

Because each time you point a finger to others, more of your own fingers point towards yourself!!!!!

Comment

Hey, no disrespect or whatever.What I just said was actually the truth and the facts.
                              The fact that I came accross with a smart comment was not meant to be an insult.

But his question was very specific,and most of the responds were not accurate,nor being answered.

Maybe its just me,but as example, IF I ask,if this is the color blue,All I wanna hear is Yes or NO and not how the color blue came about.
                              U dig me?

Fact of the matter is this.
                              The company who is even considering to sponsor someone has to establish certain facts.
                              A: they have to proof and show,no american citizen can or could do what this guy is able to do.

B: The company has to put certain adds out for that position to any U.S. citizen available that qualifies for that employment,for certain period of time.

C: once all of that is establish,the person who wants to work here and wants to get sponsored needs to pay the 3-4 grand for the whole application process,with an attorney a little bit more.Since he wants to be sponsored by a company that is,as he said "small" I doubt they would pay the whole application process fee for him,which is like I said around 3 -4 grand,and maybe even more now.

My friends company however,paid fully for that.Otherwise he was about charge his credit card on it...but the company is so wealthy and they liked him,they did not make a deal and paid for it.Lucky him I guess...

And they even had a top immigration attorney from the san diego area...the whole process to over 2 years,when he eventually got his greencard.During that time however he worked with his working visa,which was vaild for 3 years...and u can renewed only once for another 3 years...in his case that was his last 3 year term..and they applied right away after he started his 2nd 3 year term on his working visa...and right before the visa expired,he got it,right on time...

All I am saying is,a company might wanna sponsor you or anyone else,bottom line however,the company has to meet certain important steps in order to sponsor someone,to be even allowed to do that. I.E. what I mentioned above!

Comment

Working...
                              X