How to Sponsor Kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Sponsor Kids

Hi, I have a friend who just got her green card through employment sponsorship about a month ago.

At the time of the application, she did not include her kids - her lawyer (mis)adviced her. But she indicated on the application forms that she has kids. The kids are young (13, 10yrs respectively) and they are in Africa.

What procedures does she have to follow to sponsor them in? Do these kids have to wait for a visa number or do they qualify for a follow-to-join benefits?

sincerely, Noela

Hi, I have a friend who just got her green card through employment sponsorship about a month ago.

At the time of the application, she did not include her kids - her lawyer (mis)adviced her. But she indicated on the application forms that she has kids. The kids are young (13, 10yrs respectively) and they are in Africa.

What procedures does she have to follow to sponsor them in? Do these kids have to wait for a visa number or do they qualify for a follow-to-join benefits?

sincerely, Noela

Comment

They should qualify for following-to-join benefits. Have your friend contact the Embassy in Africa and ask them their procedure for following-to-join children. I am assuming that the children are under 18...if not, can not do following-to-join.

Comment

Working...
      X