Extending B2 visa stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending B2 visa stay

The lawyer wants $500, plus the filing fee. Seems like a rip-off. Should we just fill out the paperwork ourselves? Does anyone know about E-filing? Would that grant us less time together or does it work the same as sending it in by mail? He is scheduled to leave next Friday. Is it too late? I read once that it should be sent in 45 days before departure. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    Thanks!!

The lawyer wants $500, plus the filing fee. Seems like a rip-off. Should we just fill out the paperwork ourselves? Does anyone know about E-filing? Would that grant us less time together or does it work the same as sending it in by mail? He is scheduled to leave next Friday. Is it too late? I read once that it should be sent in 45 days before departure. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    Thanks!!

Comment

File yourselves. If you can E-file do so. Won't speed the process but they acknowledge that you filed on that date. Mail means they acknowledge it arrived when they received it. KEEP COPIES

Comment

Need help. Have question or concern feel free to call 212-289-4680 or e-mail us at bimmigration1702@yaahoo.com with any questions you may have

Comment

Does anyone know if it is too late to file? How long does the filing and whole process take anyway?
          Thanks!!!

Comment

When does I-94 expire? next Friday?

Comment

Going back to Raindrop's question about filing an extenstion then leaving US. What is the effect of this? My cousin has not filed an extension, he has overstayed for 3 months but he will leave by end of November. Would filing an extenstion for B2 do any good?

Comment

Yes, the I-94 expires next Friday.
                To my knowledge, if you overstay your visit, you are technically here illegally. You'll be able to return home, but more than likely not back to the US.

Comment

Working...
                X