Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change your address ONLY for the EAD process (for AOS still the same)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you change your address ONLY for the EAD process (for AOS still the same)?

Here is my case: My AOS is being processed at NY city office. I want to start my renewal EAD process but I am moving in a six weeks (it is very likely that I get a fingerprint appointment after that). So I was planning to wait.

THe weird thing in my case is I am moving to Washington but just after to 2 weeks of moving (in July) my hubby will have to go to Georgia for 4 months (federal training because of his new job) and since I dont want to be alone in our new house, I will move with my parents during that time (they live in Florida). So I was thinking of waiting and start the renewal of my EAD in Florida even though INS has NY as my last address. I can send the change of address form, saying Florida is a temporary address (for 4 motnhs only). The thing is, I dont want my AOS file, moving from office to office. Once I am settle in Washington (that would be NOvember, even though we will be renting the house since July) I want the AOS file to be transfer there.

So it is possible to change the address just for the EAD and let the AOS stay in the original district office until further notice? Please help.

Here is my case: My AOS is being processed at NY city office. I want to start my renewal EAD process but I am moving in a six weeks (it is very likely that I get a fingerprint appointment after that). So I was planning to wait.

THe weird thing in my case is I am moving to Washington but just after to 2 weeks of moving (in July) my hubby will have to go to Georgia for 4 months (federal training because of his new job) and since I dont want to be alone in our new house, I will move with my parents during that time (they live in Florida). So I was thinking of waiting and start the renewal of my EAD in Florida even though INS has NY as my last address. I can send the change of address form, saying Florida is a temporary address (for 4 motnhs only). The thing is, I dont want my AOS file, moving from office to office. Once I am settle in Washington (that would be NOvember, even though we will be renting the house since July) I want the AOS file to be transfer there.

So it is possible to change the address just for the EAD and let the AOS stay in the original district office until further notice? Please help.

Comment

Not to my knowledge, your NY address is still your primary address so I wouldn't change a thing.

http://www.immigrate2us.net
      I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

So you think there will be no problem if I file an EAD renewal with a different address than the one INS has registered? I dont want my AOS to jump from office to office.

Comment

Working...
        X