Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i fill out all forms with my married name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i fill out all forms with my married name?

Hello,
    I am going to get my medical exam today. Should I use my married name on all the forms? I have a valid social security card (with my maiden name)given to me as an F-1 student a long time ago.
    I took my husband's name as my new last name as stated on our marriage certificate. I will not be able to change to my married name on my social security card and drivers license until I get my EAD.
    Please advise. My main goal is filling out the forms correctly, so when I get my EAD, it will be under my married name. On my marrriage certificate my new name is my first name, maiden name as my middle name, last name is my husband's last name.
    Please advise.

Thanks,
    desperately seeking

Hello,
    I am going to get my medical exam today. Should I use my married name on all the forms? I have a valid social security card (with my maiden name)given to me as an F-1 student a long time ago.
    I took my husband's name as my new last name as stated on our marriage certificate. I will not be able to change to my married name on my social security card and drivers license until I get my EAD.
    Please advise. My main goal is filling out the forms correctly, so when I get my EAD, it will be under my married name. On my marrriage certificate my new name is my first name, maiden name as my middle name, last name is my husband's last name.
    Please advise.

Thanks,
    desperately seeking

Comment

This is confusing....I assume you are filling out the I-130, I-485, and I-765, right? You might be able to find the answer to your questions on the USCIS webpage under the How Do I section. If you can't, I would use your married name if that is the name you wish to use once the paperwork has been processed. You will want your green card to have the name you plan to use. USCIS will be able to cross reference your old case by your maiden name.

Comment

big dummy,

thanks for your help. I am applying for aos.
        after posting my messages, I did a search on "name change" topic on this forum and i found similar postings.They all say to use my married name on all the forms.

Thanks again,
        Desperately seeking

Comment

Hi!

I'm also an AOS applicant and entered as F-1 student, 6 y/o. I'm still in school (PhD candidate & maintained my status). i was able to change my name in my social security card by filling oput fomr I printed online. I took my passport with my husband's last namealready changed on it & school doucuments: (I-20 and letter stating I can work on campus) to our local Social Security office. I got my new card (same number but new last name. To renew my driver license, I was told, I need a document issued by INS. I only have my EAD (good for a year & renewable), so I did not renew my license. We have bus on campus so it's not a immediate need for me. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X