Citizenship Confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Confusion

My husband had applied for his citizen ship in Nov 2003, and was finger printed in Dec 2003.

He applied for his citizenship under IR1 catagory, i.e. being married to a US citizen, and became eligible for naturalisation upon completion of 3 years of residency in US

I have 3 questions that I need help on:

1. We have to move from Cleveland Ohio to Springfield, VA our existing address to a new address. How can this affect the naturalisation process in respect to delay, as we will have to notify INS of this change.

2. With his new business assignment he has to travel overseas for durations of 4-5 months.
    will this be any kind of impediment towards him getting naturalised

3. Does anyone know that the INS center issues the naturalisation certificate on the date of interview or is it a 2 step process , where the interview is done on date and the naturalisation on a later date ??

Thanks

My husband had applied for his citizen ship in Nov 2003, and was finger printed in Dec 2003.

He applied for his citizenship under IR1 catagory, i.e. being married to a US citizen, and became eligible for naturalisation upon completion of 3 years of residency in US

I have 3 questions that I need help on:

1. We have to move from Cleveland Ohio to Springfield, VA our existing address to a new address. How can this affect the naturalisation process in respect to delay, as we will have to notify INS of this change.

2. With his new business assignment he has to travel overseas for durations of 4-5 months.
    will this be any kind of impediment towards him getting naturalised

3. Does anyone know that the INS center issues the naturalisation certificate on the date of interview or is it a 2 step process , where the interview is done on date and the naturalisation on a later date ??

Thanks

Comment

1. Slows down the process.
      2. Under 6 months per year should be ok.
      3.Usually, interview on one date and then swearing in ceremony at a later date (generally within 90 days of interview, so I am told).

Comment

Don't move!
        Seriously, if he needs the citizenship and you can postpone the move, stay where you are. No. Virginia may be just as slow as Cleveland now - 1.5-2yrs, and if you move, it will take even longer.
        The Arlington office schedules interviews 3 months or longer after the interview.

Comment

Working...
        X