Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INH now a certified citizen

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...02603441/m/956101653

After 9 months of waiting I have now received my certificate of citizenship.

First off I did not need any sort of Id to get in the building. Just walked threw metal detectors. The security staff was helpful and in a good mood. But that was all the interaction I had with them. A few feet from the entrance was window #1. That was the place specified in the letter I got. I walked up and handed the lady the letter. She did ask for my green card, and as I had told you guys I never got one. She said it wasn't a problem I just had to fill out an affidavit saying I never received one . After that I signed a few papers, signed the certificate it self. Then took the oath. I was then handed the paper work to get a passport. She gave me The certificate, and that was it.

I had my appointment this morning at 9:30 central time. And walk out at 9:38 with my certificate. Ill admit I was a little early but still its a testament of how easy and simple it was. I skipped no details in my description. That was it.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...02603441/m/956101653

After 9 months of waiting I have now received my certificate of citizenship.

First off I did not need any sort of Id to get in the building. Just walked threw metal detectors. The security staff was helpful and in a good mood. But that was all the interaction I had with them. A few feet from the entrance was window #1. That was the place specified in the letter I got. I walked up and handed the lady the letter. She did ask for my green card, and as I had told you guys I never got one. She said it wasn't a problem I just had to fill out an affidavit saying I never received one . After that I signed a few papers, signed the certificate it self. Then took the oath. I was then handed the paper work to get a passport. She gave me The certificate, and that was it.

I had my appointment this morning at 9:30 central time. And walk out at 9:38 with my certificate. Ill admit I was a little early but still its a testament of how easy and simple it was. I skipped no details in my description. That was it.

Comment

Good stuff inh! The latest "new" USC
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Great news, Inh! Congratulations!!

Comment

I am sorry for Inh it took 9 months just to get the Certificate of Cirizenship.
          Since his father was not awear of and he never bother to register his birth.
          This is only a matter of three to four day to give him a Citizenship Certificate, which took nine months...
          USCIS can make non citizen a Citizen and Citizen had to suffer at the hands of those with no knowledge..
          God Bless America,,,,>

Comment

What office was this? Terrorists now can just walk into federal buildings without identification?

Good news for all those who want to die, killed by 9/11 wannabees.

Comment

federale86:

As I had mentioned, there was no interview for N-600, I was right and you were once again wrong like always. My knowldege is personal and hands on and you rely on information from here and there.

Comment

Inh:

Congratulations.

Comment

That's awesome news, inh! Congratulations
                  The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahah,

Priceless,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
                    federale86:

As I had mentioned, there was no interview for N-600, I was right and you were once again wrong like always. My knowldege is personal and hands on and you rely on information from here and there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

As I understood it. There was a possibility for an interview. But only if they had doubts about the documents I sent. Or if something didn't match up. So federale wasn't necessary wrong about the procedures. Just wrong in my specific case.

Comment

I need to get a passport and a new social security card. Which should I get first? I know I need a social security number to get a passport. As I had mentioned, I have a social security card but one those that cant be use to work. My dad thinks I will probably keep the same number. They'll just change the status of the number and issue a new card. I could get a new social security card but I need proof of identity and my certificate of citizenship isn't listed as an acceptable document for that. But a passport is. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Inh,

I found this information for you. There are other things you can use to prove your identity. Please read the following:

http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/oriselfnat18.htm

Social Security Number for a Foreign-Born U.S. Citizen Age 12 or Older (never had a number)

To apply for a Social Security number:

Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5); and
                          Show us documents proving:
                          U.S. citizenship;
                          Age; and
                          Identity.

Take your completed application and original documents to your local Social Security office .

Anyone age 12 or older requesting an original Social Security number card must appear for an interview at a Social Security office.

Citizenship

We can accept only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. consular report of birth, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.

You must present your birth certificate if you have it or can easily obtain it. If not, we can consider other documents, such as your passport, to prove age.

Identity

We can accept only certain documents as proof of identity. An acceptable document must be current (not expired) and show your name, identifying information (date of birth or age) and preferably a recent photograph. For example, as proof of identity Social Security must see your:

U.S. driver’s license;
                          State-issued nondriver identification card; or
                          U.S. passport.

If you do not have one of these specific documents or you cannot get a replacement for one of them within 10 days, we will ask to see other documents, including:

Employee ID card;
                          School ID card;
                          Health insurance card (not a Medicare card); or
                          U.S. military ID card.

We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity. However, you must provide at least two separate documents.

All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.

We will mail your card as soon as we have all of your information and have verified your documents.

Keep your Social Security card in a safe place. It is an important document. Do not carry it with you.

Comment

Here is the link on instructions to get a corrected SSN (since you say you already have a number, this probably applies to you).

http://www.ssa.gov/ss5doc/chgselffor.htm

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We may use one document for two purposes. For example, we may use your U.S. passport as proof of both citizenship and identity. However, you must provideat leat two separate documents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I could try and use my COC for proof of both citizenship and identity. And then provide my old school id and transcript. As secondary evidence, and that way they can have their two documents.

Comment

Working...
                              X