i-485-pending - Has anyone had a simular experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-485-pending - Has anyone had a simular experience

My husband, a USC, snd I went in to have my i-485 adjustment of status a monyh ago. Although the interviewer was very, very difficult, I thought the inteview went fine. My husband and I has been together for 8 years and we have been married for three years. However, during the interview my husband mentioned to the immigration officer that he has been paying child support for his kids from a previous relationship; and instead of her granting me my greencard, she wrote in my passport, i-485 pending, and asked my husband to present documentation from the court to authenticate his child support payment.

We presented this documentation two days after the interview, but to date we have not heard anything from INS. We have tried to check the INS website to see whether we could get answers, but to no avail.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar experience or whether anyone knows what could my husband's child support payment has to do with my adjustment of status?

Thank you for your answers.
    at

My husband, a USC, snd I went in to have my i-485 adjustment of status a monyh ago. Although the interviewer was very, very difficult, I thought the inteview went fine. My husband and I has been together for 8 years and we have been married for three years. However, during the interview my husband mentioned to the immigration officer that he has been paying child support for his kids from a previous relationship; and instead of her granting me my greencard, she wrote in my passport, i-485 pending, and asked my husband to present documentation from the court to authenticate his child support payment.

We presented this documentation two days after the interview, but to date we have not heard anything from INS. We have tried to check the INS website to see whether we could get answers, but to no avail.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a similar experience or whether anyone knows what could my husband's child support payment has to do with my adjustment of status?

Thank you for your answers.
    at

Comment

At a guess, it affects his financial ability to sponsor you. Also, they may want to check that he's not remiss in paying.

Comment

Working...
      X