Naturlization Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturlization Certificate

I have another question on behalf of my husband. My husband was born in the Philippines and moved to the US when he was only 9. He was adopted by his step father and at the age of 19 joined the military. He was able to join the military only being a permanent resident but then was naturlized when he was stationed in England so that he can continue on with his carrer. That was along time ago (12 years ago) and since that time he cant find his certificate and the military does not have a copy of it on file for some odd reason. We are trying to get him a civilian passport but of course they need that document. How do i get something like that? Does the military have special laws in immigration that surrounds this? He seems to remember that he never received any certificate but he remembers doing the oath and never taking a test. He is obviously a US Citizen because he has been military for 17 years and the military was the one to arange for this to happen.

I have another question on behalf of my husband. My husband was born in the Philippines and moved to the US when he was only 9. He was adopted by his step father and at the age of 19 joined the military. He was able to join the military only being a permanent resident but then was naturlized when he was stationed in England so that he can continue on with his carrer. That was along time ago (12 years ago) and since that time he cant find his certificate and the military does not have a copy of it on file for some odd reason. We are trying to get him a civilian passport but of course they need that document. How do i get something like that? Does the military have special laws in immigration that surrounds this? He seems to remember that he never received any certificate but he remembers doing the oath and never taking a test. He is obviously a US Citizen because he has been military for 17 years and the military was the one to arange for this to happen.

Comment

Hi Shelly2020,

Here is the link for the form your husband needs to complete to get a replacement copy of his certificate.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-565.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X