Anticipation of higher corporate taxes hurting economy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticipation of higher corporate taxes hurting economy

As every day passes, more and more corporations are laying off workers in anticipation of higher taxes President Elect Mr. OhNoBama has promised to fulfill his dreams of freebie world and help lazy and non-working people.

DHL is on board to proactively take action against huge tax increase to keep itself competitive and profitable.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/10/news.../dhl/index.htm

After AhBama, UhBama, UmBama, Ohbama was elected stock market crashed, corporations have announced major layoffs, filed bankruptcy protection etc. How has his election helped America?
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

I dunno how you can be blaming Obama already. He isn't even in power yet! You buddy Bush is still in power. The DHL US pullout was on the rumor mill last summer. I know some of the guys who were flying under contract for them were looking to get out. Circuit City has been dodgy for some time too. It's the weak economy causing it, not Obama
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I dunno how you can be blaming Obama already. He isn't even in power yet! You buddy Bush is still in power. The DHL US pullout was on the rumor mill last summer. I know some of the guys who were flying under contract for them were looking to get out. Circuit City has been dodgy for some time too. It's the weak economy causing it, not Obama
      EXACTLY

Comment

Agree AhBama, UhBama, UmBama, Ohbama is not in power yet. However, if you read the article of DHL it clearly states they are forward looking, proactively taking measures. Why? Because AhBama, UhBama, UmBama, Ohbama has promised to increase taxes. McCain said he would reduce corporate taxes by 10% to help economy.

Well the party has just started.

Comment

Originally posted by tara_davis:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dunno how you can be blaming Obama already. He isn't even in power yet! You buddy Bush is still in power. The DHL US pullout was on the rumor mill last summer. I know some of the guys who were flying under contract for them were looking to get out. Circuit City has been dodgy for some time too. It's the weak economy causing it, not Obama
          EXACTLY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What else is new? They blame Bill Clinton for 9/11 right? So it follows, Obama should be blamed for GWB's mess.

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:

Expect a lot more of this. Much of it you won't hear about. The smaller employers will be cutting costs (jobs) as well. Watch the unemployment figures over the next couple months. There will be significant increases in new filings.
            Much Worse Yet To Come!
            USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

That's what I said, Obama has got to be blamed for whatever is forthcoming as offshoots thanks to GWB's "competent" watch! GOP did nothing wrong except perhaps for being rarely endowed with the highest quality of (mo***ic) intelligence.

Comment

Once again it's nothing but a classic GOP spin. In the aftermath of bursting of the housing bubble, nobody, yes, nobody wanted to assume any responsibility or any blame. Yet, everybody, yes, everybody was quick to point fingers.

So, yes, of course, it's been Barack and the Dems who just gained a slim majority in both chambers of Congress in 2006 to blame - then, now, and in the long and painful reparation jobs ahead.

Happy now?

But wait a minute, can all this morass not be rooted back from the GOP's "small government and deregulation" doctrines? Is it not the obscene byproduct of the GOP's cuddling, pampering, and fueling the insatiable greed of the wealthy? Of those who have the most brilliant economists and brightest financial analysts in their payrolls? Those who created the artificial housing demand by alluring even those who neither need nor could afford them?

Yet in the end the same experts turned out to be no better experts than you and me for not foreseeing any of this taking place. But, yes, of course, they now have the most convenient scape-goats when the partying was over.

And regarding the planned taxation of and for the wealthy, I know, it's been a campaign scare to brand it as "raising taxes" when what's being proposed is just to revert the tax scale back only to the Clinton years. Enough is enough because the "trickle down" mechanism of economic opportunities simply didn't work, and won't work ever. So if there should be tax breaks it should be for the 95% of working middle class. That is a more intelligent economic principle to attempt to bridge the ever widening ocean of gap between the rich and the poor.

Comment

BiGoTrY Is tHe sAcReD DiSeAsE.
                  Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.

Comment

Amen !!!!

Comment

Boy, Oh, Boy! Have I ever been so right once again, in fact, again and again. Because the most astute remedies seem to be so handy after any catastrophe. And what's the other cheapest commodity? Blame!!! And what's the rarest? Responsibility!!! Now it all goes as far back to Carter?!?! But one thing very wrong with this futile blame game - it's unending and circular. Especially when the culprits have just been miserably trounced in the polls in their shameless re-offering to the languishing masses their "elementary" and "idiotic" failed economics. The other problem is that I'm still in a celebratory mood with sparkling champagne in hand, whereas you have your balled up fists in flaming rage and harrowing pain! I'm not as angry to cast stones. What if I let you salve your cuts and bruises first? Fair? I'll see you around, Tiger!

Comment

A more intelligent proposal? How? Of that 95% 45 don't pay taxes to begin with. So we are going to give money away to people who don't pay into it at all? Sounds like welfare to me. I think we already know that doesn't work to the extent of helping anyone. All it has done is create a dependency class. The remaining will be more worried about keeping their job and not so much about the extra $2.00 in their paycheck.

In essence it is. This government needs an overhaul of welfare give aways. It should start with the Earned Income Credit. I is just riddled with fraud and it enables those low earners to not want to get a better job. If one keeps their income at a certain level with 2 kids, you get your FREE annual gift of $5,000.00 Why should you strive to lose that?

The fraud returns continue to increase.. Didnt work? ok no problem. just make up a number and say you did. ching.. collect your $4800 earned income check and child tax credit in the form of real dollars since you could not take it as a credit.

This is madness... and it has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:
                          Champagne in one hand and a dog leg in the other. Drunk as usual and not making any sense.

Not a clenched fist. Just a smirk. Waiting to see the wide eyed disappointment round the corner. Followed by the rage of betrayal. Its coming, its in the air already. Aside the smirk taking advantage of the Barney Frank induced mortgage fiasco. I am smiling at 30 cents on the dollar real estate available. Stock prices discounted to give away prices. Grinning widely that what I thought would happen in 06 with a democrat led congress came to pass.

Keep pounding out the allegorical responses. Without facts fanciful phrases won't cut more than wind. Like the rest of the drones, no real response. Just the glassy eyed chant of 'change' 'change'. Or is that the alcohol? What ever happened to the CIR cantillation? Must have been drowned by the psalms of 95% tax cuts when crossing the Rio Grand or Olongapo river, which ever.
                          You're awfully bitter and funny. Do you think you're making any sense, ha? What responses are you expecting to get? That everything is slick and dandy? That the economy is not in shambles? That Obama, Clinton, Carter, and the Democrats are to blame? That the electorate is flat out wrong for being hungry to change course away from the fatal direction that the country is taking?

Do you wait for my response that there's no deficits of staggering proportions? That there's no sea upon sea of foreclosures all around? That there's no need for bailouts? That what happened here did not cause a ripple effect of worldwide economic downturns? That there's no quagmire and loss of lives in Iraq? That there wasn't a resounding repudiation of your party's failed policies on November 4th?

That all this is a lie?! What kind of responses do you expect, ha? On whose watch did all this happen? On your party's or mine?

Ok, in the spirit of fairness, I'll give it to you. You make absolute allegorical sense by giving justice on how foolhardy it is to spew so much nonsense like a whining drone!

Comment

As Gomer Pyle says, Ssupprisse, Sssuppprise, SSSuprisse.

Comment

Or as HL Menken said, the American people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X