Help with I864

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with I864

My son-in-law is British and we were requested to send more information on support. My income was not sufficient per my tax returns in 2004 to qualify. My question is - can I resubmit just my 2005 tax return as a joint sponsor and paystubs or should we make an effort to get the grandparents to sign up as joint sponsors with their property? I don't want to not submit enough information and have it returned again. I can't get anyone to answer the question at the embassy. Thank you very much

My son-in-law is British and we were requested to send more information on support. My income was not sufficient per my tax returns in 2004 to qualify. My question is - can I resubmit just my 2005 tax return as a joint sponsor and paystubs or should we make an effort to get the grandparents to sign up as joint sponsors with their property? I don't want to not submit enough information and have it returned again. I can't get anyone to answer the question at the embassy. Thank you very much

Comment

Are you a joint sponsor?
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Yes I am a joint sponsor. My daughter is the sponsor but she doesn't make enough money to cover it all by herself.

Comment

if your 05 is sufficient .. that is fine .. they really only care about your most recent income anyways

and it's better to have one strong sponsor than several partial sponsors .. so if you meet the requirements with your 05 just take that route

Comment

What do you mean by this? A joint sponsor must meet the poverty guideline requirements for his/her household plus the sponsored immigrant. If the joint sponsor cannot do that, then you'll need a different joint sponsor. There are no such things as "partial sponsors" or "strong sponsors".

and it's better to have one strong sponsor than several partial sponsors
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
            X