HIB spouse work permit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIB spouse work permit

Hi, I have heard that Spouses of Australians working in the US on temporary contracts are now able to seek employment in the US, following new legislation enacted in January 2002. Is this correct and does that mean they can study too?
    What about the children - can they also work? My husband is on an H1B in his 4th year so does this apply to us? I and my children were ineligible to get a social security card but if the legislation is changed perhaps we are now able to get the SS card.
    thankyou and regards,
    Gay

Hi, I have heard that Spouses of Australians working in the US on temporary contracts are now able to seek employment in the US, following new legislation enacted in January 2002. Is this correct and does that mean they can study too?
    What about the children - can they also work? My husband is on an H1B in his 4th year so does this apply to us? I and my children were ineligible to get a social security card but if the legislation is changed perhaps we are now able to get the SS card.
    thankyou and regards,
    Gay

Comment

Only spouses of L1 and E1/E2 (treaty/trader non immigrant visas) can get work authorization, not H4's.

Comment

Working...
      X