Pending AOS - Please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending AOS - Please advise

I have a pending petition for AOS via my marriage to a US citizen. We had our interview more than a year ago, still no decision received. This was filed in San Francisco. My spouse is currently a student in a small town in Oregon. Can I transfer my file to Oregon, with the hope that the waiting period would be reduced? Also, since the town she lives in does not have a district/USCIS office, which branch in Oregon would handle my case? I know Portland has a district office, however Portland is far from the town she lives in, in other words, would we have to commute all the way to Portland to get my passport stamped, if approved? Any relevant feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a pending petition for AOS via my marriage to a US citizen. We had our interview more than a year ago, still no decision received. This was filed in San Francisco. My spouse is currently a student in a small town in Oregon. Can I transfer my file to Oregon, with the hope that the waiting period would be reduced? Also, since the town she lives in does not have a district/USCIS office, which branch in Oregon would handle my case? I know Portland has a district office, however Portland is far from the town she lives in, in other words, would we have to commute all the way to Portland to get my passport stamped, if approved? Any relevant feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
    X