Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign wife trying to blackmail me

I am finding out that me wife has been living a secret life while I was trying to do everything that I could to support us. She had complained that there was not enough money, but I had no idea that she was planning to leave me. She said she needed some time to sort things out, to be alone and then she vanished for two weeks. When she got back she said our marriage was over and that she had gone to Hawaii. She said she went alone, but I don't know where she got the money for the trip. This happened 3 months before our second stage for her permanent green card. Now she is saying that if I don't pretend that we are still in a good marriage and file all the documents, that she will take me for everything.

I need to know what I am up against with a divorce. We were only married for two years, she owns nothing and is going to school with loans. I owned everything that I have before the marriage including some savings and a 1/6 limited partnership on a home.

She is from Russia, came here on a K-1 visa, married in California. I did everything to get her here, taught her how to drive, showed her the ways of the country, loved and trusted her, set her up to be here and helped her to get into a very good graduate school.

Now she is moving on in her life without me and threatening me if I don't do more for her.

I am finding out that me wife has been living a secret life while I was trying to do everything that I could to support us. She had complained that there was not enough money, but I had no idea that she was planning to leave me. She said she needed some time to sort things out, to be alone and then she vanished for two weeks. When she got back she said our marriage was over and that she had gone to Hawaii. She said she went alone, but I don't know where she got the money for the trip. This happened 3 months before our second stage for her permanent green card. Now she is saying that if I don't pretend that we are still in a good marriage and file all the documents, that she will take me for everything.

I need to know what I am up against with a divorce. We were only married for two years, she owns nothing and is going to school with loans. I owned everything that I have before the marriage including some savings and a 1/6 limited partnership on a home.

She is from Russia, came here on a K-1 visa, married in California. I did everything to get her here, taught her how to drive, showed her the ways of the country, loved and trusted her, set her up to be here and helped her to get into a very good graduate school.

Now she is moving on in her life without me and threatening me if I don't do more for her.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john99: Now she is saying that if I don't pretend that we are still in a good marriage and file all the documents, that she will take me for everything.
      </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      What she is suggesting is a marriage fraud to get immigration benefit. That is criminal. DO NOT GO ALONG WITH HER PLAN. You should not be an accomplice in a criminal act.

When you said she is on a second stage of her green card, I assume you mean she has a 2 year conditional green card and needs to remove the condition? Do not file joint I-751 with her. Do not sign any documents for her. She'll be forced to file I-751 waver by herself, and that can be done only after the official divorce takes place.

I have little doubt that regardless of whether you help her to commit the immigration fraud or not, she'll try to take you for everything anyway in the end. Just because she'll try doesn't mean she'll succeed. That's up to the divorce court to decide. It'll be foolish to fall for her blackmail.

Comment

See a lawyer a.s.a.p.. If your state allows it sue for an ANNULLMENT based on MARRIAGE FRAUD. If not, get a fast divorce. Have her served immediately with the papers without any warning; do this IMMEDIATELY. Pay your lawyer extra to expedite it.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Comment

She is from Russia???? LOL that explains it.

I keep telling people "stay away from russian women" they might be hot and all,but once you get them to the U.S. you got another thing coming.

Sure we keep hearing "don't stereotype" but fact of the matter is,already ALONE in this forum "ILW" anyone who says "my wife double crossed me,or left me after conditional received etc" happens to be women from Russia.

And some people in this forum have the nerv to say " INS does not care where the immigrant is from,they are all seen the same way" I got news for ya, thats BS.

I hope my friend that russian lady will have a hard time.INS knows about everyone knows about...they have a detailed list and numbers of statistics,where the most fraudsters are from and guess what Russia is on TOP of the list.

Do anything you can from your end to support your part of reporting her,she looks like she used and abused you mentally.

Sorry though for your pain, but make the phone calls and reports you need to do...get a divorce based on fraud...INS will take care of the rest.

GOOD LUCK

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john99:

Now she is moving on in her life without me and threatening me if I don't do more for her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in total agreement with Templar on this one. My question is why do you guys fall for these Russion women (it's such a well-known scam) and then act surprised when they dump you around the two-year mark? I don't get it. What's wrong with finding somewhere who's already in the States (whatever nationality). It's like you set yourself up for this pain.

Comment

I don't know anything about the OP's situation, but I strongly believe that "marriage brokers" shouldn't be regulated, they should be eliminated. These so-called services degrade the virtue of family by diminishing it to mere economic terms.

Most cases I've heard about involve "marriage brokers" and we all know these people don't care about relationships, they only care about money. Sad but true, allowing such activities to continue is ignoring a powerful reality, there can be no price placed upon a relationship, regardless of citizenship or country of origin.

Many real couples pay the price by being the unintended target of regulations designed to attack a different problem. In light of all these factors, international "marriage brokers" should be outlawed as degrading services incompatible with a society that considers family as its fundamental building block.

Comment

Houston,
                I totally agree.But we don't know if this is the case,but it might be,if so,its also the citizens fault being involved with that.

Like I said,there are many russian web pages out there,that directly look and ask "looking to marry an american" or "need a green card,marry an american here" etc...
                just search the web you'll find tonz of it.And its also the other way around.Men who can't get laid or find a women here,they look over there,and almost 95% of these russian women look adorable and thoese "men" think they have nothing to lose,and she is so hot and beautiful,and so sweet and "honest" its all great and I could never have a good lady like her here in my own country.So they go for it lol. Funny but true. Either way though.

Like I said, INS knows about these pages and also know about the outcome "how these ladies,suddently dissapear,divorce etc etc"

The problem of course is,when they all go through an interview,they do not mention those sites or how they really met.

And most of the times these men who can get a russian lady over to the US through so pages,have already decent money so they can effort it easily.

Comment

Why don't American men want American women? Here is my list:

1) American women are old. They almost always lie about their age. They want men 10-20 years younger and pretend they are the same age. Of course if a man wants a younger woman, he is classified as a pervert.
                  2) Intelligence. The avearge IQ of an American woman is about 90. The average IQ of a Russian girl is 120. There are many studies that support this. 90 % of Russian girls have college degrees compared to 15 % of American women.
                  3) Clothing and style. Russian women know how to dress. I swear, I made plans to take an American out to dinner; I wore a suit and she showed up in sweats. Russian women have self respect at least when it comes to clothes.
                  4) S E X ; yes it is very important. American women just are awful in this area. They are closed minded and boring.
                  5) Endings; Yes Russian women can be brutally cold and vicious when it ends emotionally but when it comes to messing the guy over during the divorce, the American women have the advantage. Russian women know how to get a green card and thats all they get, American women will take your house, your car your children.
                  6) Weight. The typical Russian girl is healthy and thin. American women are almost always out of shape. You walk around and you always see attractive American men with obese American women.
                  7)Jealousy; American women are on a witch hunt to ban IMB's (International Marriage Brokers) not out of aby concern for the men and women involved but because they are jeaolus witches that can not stand the fact that ANY American man will choose ANY Russian bride over an American woman.

I will take a Russian scammer over an American scammer anyday.

Comment

SonofMichael,

Where I live, there are plenty of bright, attractive, young, intelligent women. Maybe you need to travel a bit in the US? I just don't agree that Russian women are smarter, more attractive and such. Of course, if they're trying to get a green card, the s e x will be better - but after the green card, she dumps your a$$ - then where is all that good s e x? All of us American women are not scammers, and I know my husband would have chosen me over any Russian!

Comment

Russian women are smarter? So there's some kind of women that are dumber? This is ridiculous. We're all human and as human we have flaws and virtues, we're all different and the same in a very special way.

However, "marriage brokers" charge people for the importation of a person, this concept alone is repulsive.

The problem with the current system is that it attempts to regulate subjective matters such as love and affection. The Courts have noted that and have narrowed the application of the law. Congress has also rejected "viability" tests but the problem remains, how can somebody judge a "relationship" and potentially bless of destroy the union based on superficial evidence and facts usually taken out of context?

I've said it many times, the purpose of a marriage is to form (or re-form) a family, and USCIS recognizes that. Why then not grant the benefit to the family instead of the alien? No alien intending to actually be part of a family will object to that. Visas are granted to employers all the time without much of a complication, the same should be applied to families. The process would produce three immediate results:

- Citizens wouldn't have to be degraded and intimidated when the couple doesn't match the preconceived notion of a "valid marriage" in the books. The actual intent of the marriage would be judged by conduct, actions and results, not by unfair and arbitrary assumptions.

- Aliens wouldn't have a zero chance at fraud, divorce or dissolution of the marriage would automatically result in proceedings and the future of the alien in this nation would be decided by an immigration judge with the input of related entities such as family court. Draconian? No, in reality the alien would have a fair opportunity to be heard by a judge with all the safeguards and protections afforded by the Constitution.

- Applications would be processed faster and the costs would be reduced; the extra money could be re-directed towards operations to secure the border.

The current system does not work, what's needed is a new system based on fact not on "what if's". You don't go to court for the **** of it, you are arrested on a probable cause but can't be convicted unless there's no reasonable doubts regarding your guilt. A system based on fact and hard evidence would produce fair results without the need to play russian roulette with "assumptions" and "maybes".

Comment

Why don't American men want American women? Here is my list:

1) American women are old. They almost always lie about their age. They want men 10-20 years younger and pretend they are the same age. Of course if a man wants a younger woman, he is classified as a pervert.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">So, are you saying, Russian women do not age? How do they do that?</span>

2) Intelligence. The avearge IQ of an American woman is about 90. The average IQ of a Russian girl is 120. There are many studies that support this. 90 % of Russian girls have college degrees compared to 15 % of American women.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Here I can proof you wrong;</span>

Hong Kong 107 Korea, South 106 Japan 105 Taiwan 104 Singapore 104 Austria 102 Germany 102 Italy 102 Netherlands 102 Sweden 101 Switzerland 101 Belgium 100 China 100 New Zealand 100 U. Kingdom 100 Hungary 99 Poland 99 Australia 98 Denmark 98 France 98 Norway 98 <span class="ev_code_RED">United States 98</span><span class="ev_code_RED">Russia 96</span> Canada 97 Czech Republic 97 Finland 97 Spain 97 Argentina 96 Russia 96 Slovakia 96 Uruguay 96 Portugal 95 Slovenia 95 Israel 94 Romania 94 Bulgaria 93 Ireland 93 Greece 92 Malaysia 92 Thailand 91 Croatia 90 Peru 90 Turkey 90 Colombia 89 Indonesia 89 Suriname 89 Brazil 87 Iraq 87 Mexico 87 Samoa (Western) 87 Tonga 87 Lebanon 86 Philippines 86 Cuba 85 Morocco 85 Fiji 84 Iran 84 Marshall Islands 84 Puerto Rico 84 Egypt 83 India 81 Ecuador 80 Guatemala 79 Barbados 78 Nepal 78 Qatar 78 Zambia 77 Congo (Br***) 73 Uganda 73 Jamaica 72 Kenya 72 South Africa 72 Sudan 72 Tanzania 72 Ghana 71 Nigeria 67 Guinea 66 Zimbabwe 66 Congo (Zaire) 65 Sierra Leone 64 Ethiopia 63 Equatorial Guinea 59

3) Clothing and style. Russian women know how to dress. I swear, I made plans to take an American out to dinner; I wore a suit and she showed up in sweats. Russian women have self respect at least when it comes to clothes.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">I think, it depends on what style you preferred. If you like the tacky styles, you are probably right.</span>

4) S E X ; yes it is very important. American women just are awful in this area. They are closed minded and boring.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">I am not sure if this has to do with the women or if this is a problem what has to do with the man's performance.</span>

5) Endings; Yes Russian women can be brutally cold and vicious when it ends emotionally but when it comes to messing the guy over during the divorce, the American women have the advantage. Russian women know how to get a green card and thats all they get, American women will take your house, your car your children.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Sure, that is all the stuff you would not have without her anyway</span>.

6) Weight. The typical Russian girl is healthy and thin. American women are almost always out of shape. You walk around and you always see attractive American men with obese American women.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">That is very easy to explain. American women just gain weight when they get older ( and have to put up with stupid men), and since Russian women don't age ( according to you point 1.) they can't get fat.</span>

7)Jealousy; American women are on a witch hunt to ban IMB's (International Marriage Brokers) not out of aby concern for the men and women involved but because they are jeaolus witches that can not stand the fact that ANY American man will choose ANY Russian bride over an American woman.
                        <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Why don't you get yourself one or two or three Russian women, since they won't take your house, you car and your kids anyway, you don't need to fear anything</span>

I will take a Russian scammer over an American scammer anyday.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I am really sorry that the only American women you seem to meet match your description, but </span> <span class="ev_code_RED">Birds of a feather flock together</span>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am finding out that me wife has been living a secret life while I was trying to do everything that I could to support us. She had complained that there was not enough money, but I had no idea that she was planning to leave me. She said she needed some time to sort things out, to be alone and then she vanished for two weeks. When she got back she said our marriage was over and that she had gone to Hawaii. She said she went alone, but I don't know where she got the money for the trip. This happened 3 months before our second stage for her permanent green card. Now she is saying that if I don't pretend that we are still in a good marriage and file all the documents, that she will take me for everything.

Now she is moving on in her life without me and threatening me if I don't do more for her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DO NOT DIVORCE HER at any cost. Remember it is SHE who needs a divorce decree for immigration purposes, not you. Why make it easy for her to get what she wants? If you divorce her, she'll say it was against her will using immigration as blackmail, then claim a bona fide marriage to you since day one. On the other hand, if she divorces you, she'll do so on domestic violence grounds and even if she doesn't, she can still claim abuse anyway and try to get her PR through VAWA. Regardless of, be on the defensive and expect anything from her, moreso now that her residence is on the line.

As to who gets what during the divorce, she is entitled to half of whatever it was the two of you acquired from the day of marriage until now. Anything you and/or her brought into the marriage which was acquired PRIOR and UP TO that point, belongs to each one of you and as such, cannot be divided. If she files for divorce and sues for anything, countersue her for the same possessions and do so under an annulment due to immigration fraud. If you have any evidence of her wrongdoings, use them against her w/o any mercy.

I know what you're going through and believe me, it's the worse feeling in the World. I went through the same scenario about two years ago with my Argentinian ex-wife, who tried to pull the same trick on me. Fortunately for me, it back-fired on her. I had to act behind her back, move quicker than her, not say a word to anyone about anything, had both an immigration and a family atty. counseling me all along and
                          withdrew my petitions on her behalf by reporting her to the USCIS.

Voluntary departure was her one and only choice in the end.

Comment

That is pretty awful and stupid advice and factually incorrect. If he does nothing, the scenario you depict would happen. If he is proactive and sues for anullment or divorce based on fraud then his assets will be protected and she will be deported. Hopefully he has already seen a lawyer and is protecting himself. Doing nothing in this situation would be a disaster for him.

Comment

well according to Vegado, go with the ones from Hong Kong then, or South Korea! and why not a German. lol

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation