Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with discussion board

Hi All:

We have had many many board users complain about problems with the discussion board. There was a time when I was moderated the board and enforced our terms of use. However, we have been swamped here, especially since the recession hit, and I have not found time to be on the board.

Of course, the long term solution is to find one of you to voluntarily moderate the board, and we will have to move in that direction at some point. However, I dont like to hand over the board to a moderator when the board is knee-deep in trouble, and say to the moderator - "you handle this". I would rather do some clean up myself before I go down the volunteer path.

This posting is to encourage all posters to kindly state succintly on this thread what the current problems are. I will look at this thread and start taking action.

One thing everyone should be clear about. We are serious about our terms of use. It is true that my absence from this board may have been regarded by some that we are going to let things here fly by default. That is not true. I am now going to spend some time on the board over the coming days, and will take such action as is necessary.

Once again, please post on this thread succintly the current problems as you see them. I will respond on this thread, but please be patient. And thanks in advance for taking the time to post.

Yours truly,
    Sam U. of ILW.COM

Hi All:

We have had many many board users complain about problems with the discussion board. There was a time when I was moderated the board and enforced our terms of use. However, we have been swamped here, especially since the recession hit, and I have not found time to be on the board.

Of course, the long term solution is to find one of you to voluntarily moderate the board, and we will have to move in that direction at some point. However, I dont like to hand over the board to a moderator when the board is knee-deep in trouble, and say to the moderator - "you handle this". I would rather do some clean up myself before I go down the volunteer path.

This posting is to encourage all posters to kindly state succintly on this thread what the current problems are. I will look at this thread and start taking action.

One thing everyone should be clear about. We are serious about our terms of use. It is true that my absence from this board may have been regarded by some that we are going to let things here fly by default. That is not true. I am now going to spend some time on the board over the coming days, and will take such action as is necessary.

Once again, please post on this thread succintly the current problems as you see them. I will respond on this thread, but please be patient. And thanks in advance for taking the time to post.

Yours truly,
    Sam U. of ILW.COM

Comment

I volunteer to moderate.

Comment

1 - that must be a record for a fast response!!
        2 - lets wait on the moderation suggestions at this time.
        3 - pl post specific problems, thanks.

Comment

There is alot of personal attacks, which obviously generate even more personal attacks. Many of those are caused by persons posting political statements.

There also appears to be a problem with members meeting then using personal information obtained from members for malicious uses.

Comment

Thanks, federale86 for your posting. I am going to wait for some more posters to post their issues. I will monitor this thread, and will respond. But please be patient, I cannot monitor this thread at every moment, and we do work during regular business hours. That said, I will be taking such action as is necessary over the next few days.

Comment

HOORAY FOR SAM !!!!!

Comment

Thanks, SonofMichael for your kind words. Please post specific problems, thanks.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam U. of ILW.COM:
                  Thanks, SonofMichael for your kind words. Please post specific problems, thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets start with the Mikhael Patrick Schmitt and link Post below thank you !

Comment

1.) Not enough HOTT female posters!!!

2.) having a difficult time distinguishing ILW from "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" and "AS THE WORLD TURNS".

3.) Welcome back SAM!!
                    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

One problem has been some have many ID's on here and it gets hard to know which are real issue posts from those made up.

Federale's post about political posting is a bit rich coming from him/her as he/she has been a culprit at times too. However, this is supposed to be a immigration discussion board so the sentiment has merit. Maybe a "take it outside" section for off-topic posts?
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam U. of ILW.COM:
                        Hi All:

Yours truly,
                        Sam U. of ILW.COM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Sam,
                        Thank you for posting.

As for the problems, there have been several. First and foremost, I do not have time to post all the issues I have seen, but I must state that having a moderator will be most appropiate.

However, I would not recommend Federale or SonofMichael since they are hostile to immigrants in general. Others will feel the same way.

I think that Aroha would be suitable candidate or Brit or both.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">However, I would not recommend Federale or SonofMichael since they are hostile to immigrants in general. Others will feel the same way.

I think that Aroha would be suitable candidate or Brit or both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree about Federale and SoM. Funny, I was about to say as a recommendation for moderator Aroha, Davdah or Hudson LOL
                          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I would like to see either of the following, Aroha,sprintie,mike,Hudson,Brit, but do not put SOM,IP....

Comment

Thanks to the many responses on this thread already. As to moderation by a volunteer, lets hold off on that for now. At least until I get the problems cleaned up.

The two topics I seem to glean here are multiple IDs and off-topic posts.

As to multiple IDs, this is quite hard to police, since some folks use Verizon dynamic IPs, and similar ISP services.

As to off-topic posts, spam is clearly out of bounds here. I do agree that posts should be on immigration, but we have in the past defined immigration generously, to include discussion of immigration policy and politics. I will look closely at this point tho, since it may be that folks are posting political discussions outside of immigration here. That's not right, especially if there is a lot of objection.

Once again, lets wait on the moderator volunteers. So, back to specific problems. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X