'Extention' of an EAD ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Extention' of an EAD ???

One of the contributors to this board indicated an existing EAD could be extended. How is this done? Demanded in person? Do any forms need to be completed? Is evidence of need required? Is this the same as an Interim EAD? Should I get a lawyer to help?

My existing EAD expires soon and I have a new job with a start date of 08/26/02. The NYC INS has given me an appointment for 10/08/02 for processing my EAD renewal application. However the 90 days from receipt date is 09/10/02 so I assume I can demand an Interim EAD then?

One of the contributors to this board indicated an existing EAD could be extended. How is this done? Demanded in person? Do any forms need to be completed? Is evidence of need required? Is this the same as an Interim EAD? Should I get a lawyer to help?

My existing EAD expires soon and I have a new job with a start date of 08/26/02. The NYC INS has given me an appointment for 10/08/02 for processing my EAD renewal application. However the 90 days from receipt date is 09/10/02 so I assume I can demand an Interim EAD then?

Comment

I would be very careful about using the term 'demand'... Otherwise you will learn the hard way that you can't demand anything from the INS... Even if you are legitamitly entitled to something they can deny it and make you appeal...

As far as your question goes, I am not sure but I think that if your EAD expires, you need to go back to the INS and re-apply for a new one (I could be wrong though...) Check the INS website - I am sure the answers will be there.

Comment

Working...
      X