Need F1 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need F1 help

This is my first time here. I came here three years ago on an F1 visa and after one year of full time school, I could not afford to keep up with the fees so I stopped going and took up a job w/o authorization. Recently I was asked to prove my being here and I pulled out my passport and my visa is expiered and I seem to have lost my I94. So, I have been working for 2 years w/o authorization, I stopped going to school and I have been dating someone for almost a year and she wants to get married but I don't know whether I can get married since I am not in status and she is an american citizen.
    If I marry her, does my status have any effect on the marriage and can I use it to actually addjust my status after marriage to her?
    Also, can I be able to get a new I94 based on the fact that my visa is expired, I have been working w/o authorization and also that I am not in school which is the reason I came here to begin with?
    Can anyone offfer some advice?

This is my first time here. I came here three years ago on an F1 visa and after one year of full time school, I could not afford to keep up with the fees so I stopped going and took up a job w/o authorization. Recently I was asked to prove my being here and I pulled out my passport and my visa is expiered and I seem to have lost my I94. So, I have been working for 2 years w/o authorization, I stopped going to school and I have been dating someone for almost a year and she wants to get married but I don't know whether I can get married since I am not in status and she is an american citizen.
    If I marry her, does my status have any effect on the marriage and can I use it to actually addjust my status after marriage to her?
    Also, can I be able to get a new I94 based on the fact that my visa is expired, I have been working w/o authorization and also that I am not in school which is the reason I came here to begin with?
    Can anyone offfer some advice?

Comment

Marriage would be a good thing for you, at least when it comes to getting your green card. Married your usc girlfriend and have her petition for you{i-130 application} and within a year granted you have a clean record you'll have your green card.

Comment

It is not good to break the law, however, I would like to congratulate you on your marriage and welcome you to the America. Everthing else is irrelevant

Comment

wrong advices and wrong answers again,
          UNBELIEVABLE.....don't you guys fully read what he had to say?
          He is NOT married,number 1.

Now he came to the United States of America for ONE reason and one reason ONLY.To go to college,thats it,for a certain amount of time.

Now he not onoly disobeyed his visa status why it was granted,he also worked and still works ILLEGEALLY and makes probabaly money under the table,which is already a felony.PERIOD.

Again for the records, to ALL OF YOU...
          getting married while doing stuff for years against the law,does not safe you A*S*S, you ca still be sent back and asked to file for a new form, or only if worst come worst,even jail time.Believe me...working illegally is one offense,working and making money and with-holding tax,is a federal offense.
          Fact is,if you filed for taxes,which i doubt,you would have been cought anyway by the IRS....

You need to talk to a very good lawyer,not an immigration lawyer,a good lawyer period.And you'll se your options

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I do work and I file my taxes under my name and ssn, I know better than not to file my taxes or to mess around with any form of documentation that was issued to me.
            My question was whether my marriage would hold up legally or it would be null due to my status and what I can do to change that or whether I should just give it up. Malakai, what you said, is that like the legal way or is that just chance hoping to get thro?
            HBKHBK, thanks for the comment but why are you so bitter?

Comment

Working...
            X