Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400 NJ DWI and TAXES

Hi everyone;
    I live in NJ, filling out the N-400 form for naturalization. I would like to ask everybody what answer in part 10 about, the moral part. I had a DWI on 7/4/2004. My license was suspended for 6 months, paid 3 years DMV surcharge. I paid everything in full, I do not owe anything at all. Is this going to be a problem on my N-400? Do I need to send any documentation attached to my N-400?
    These are the questions?
    15. Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested? Yes No
    16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer
    (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? Yes No
    17. Have you ever been charged with committing any crime or offense? Yes No
    18. Have you ever been convicted of a crime or offense? Yes No
    19. Have you ever been placed in an alternative sentencing or a rehabilitative program
    (for example: diversion, deferred prosecution, withheld adjudication, deferred adjudication)? Yes No
    20. Have you ever received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation or been paroled? Yes No
    21. Have you ever been in jail or prison?

Does anybody have a personal experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also paying taxes for 2006. Should I include anything for this question?

5. Do you owe any Federal, state or local taxes that are overdue? Yes No

What should be the answer?

I know are many questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard.

Hi everyone;
    I live in NJ, filling out the N-400 form for naturalization. I would like to ask everybody what answer in part 10 about, the moral part. I had a DWI on 7/4/2004. My license was suspended for 6 months, paid 3 years DMV surcharge. I paid everything in full, I do not owe anything at all. Is this going to be a problem on my N-400? Do I need to send any documentation attached to my N-400?
    These are the questions?
    15. Have you ever committed a crime or offense for which you were not arrested? Yes No
    16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer
    17. Have you ever been charged with committing any crime or offense? Yes No
    19. Have you ever been placed in an alternative sentencing or a rehabilitative program
    (for example: diversion, deferred prosecution, withheld adjudication, deferred adjudication)? Yes No
    20. Have you ever received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation or been paroled? Yes No

Does anybody have a personal experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also paying taxes for 2006. Should I include anything for this question?

Thanks,

Richard.

Comment

Hi Rich

i popped your question back to the top of board for answers 4u. I have to go right now.

yes you will need to attach everything involved in that case. (paperwork.) they check everything.

The answeres have to be the truth. that is the answere to your question.

if questions arent answered. I will answer you when i return.

have a good nite

Comment

Ok, what kind of paperwork can I attach to the application in regards of the DWI? and what about the questions for the Taxes? What can I attach?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RichNJ81:
          Hi everyone;

Yes you need to send copy of the charges and the outcome of the charges. the receipts that paid the charge and any completion of sentencing if any. all documentation associated with the case. any rehab programs etc. copy and attach for n-400

These are the questions?

<span class="ev_code_RED">no unless it is true</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I dont know if you were considered arrested or not . dont know how your state handled it. You will know this if you were arrested. You were at least cited for it. if yes you were arrested.. then you know how to answer the remainging questions.</span>
          17. Have you ever been charged with committing

any crime or offense? Yes No

<span class="ev_code_RED">If you were put into some kind of rehab school or program the answer will be yes and attach paperwork</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Well all your taxes must be paid to be qualified for the N-400 approval and you will have to prove this with transcript from the IRS and/or cancelled checks for state and local taxes that were due.</span>

Thanks,

Richard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should know that the n-400 is a big deal and I hope there is not anything more that would reflect on your moral character. DWI is not taken lightly. But most likely you will get an approval if you can prove rehabilitation was succesful. Many people will wait the 5 years from an offense before applying to make sure troublesome areas are not a problem.

You should at least consult with an immigration attorney before filing. Read the instructions that go with the n-400 at uscis.gov

Are you applying under the 5 year or 3years of marriage to usc.?

Comment

after 5 years of being a legal alien, and the DWI happened on 7/4/04, so 3 years. Do you think legal advice is imprescindible?

Comment

Working...
            X