Advance parolment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance parolment

Does anyone know what the process is if you are granted advance parolment?

1. Do you recieve notification of a letter in the post?

2.If I am granted I-131 do I have to go to the service center I applied to, to collect it!

The reason I ask is because i am going to Detroit this week to collect my EAD, a 500 mile trip, so i dont really want to make two trips, if they request that you have to go to the office to collect it.

Does anyone know what the process is if you are granted advance parolment?

1. Do you recieve notification of a letter in the post?

2.If I am granted I-131 do I have to go to the service center I applied to, to collect it!

The reason I ask is because i am going to Detroit this week to collect my EAD, a 500 mile trip, so i dont really want to make two trips, if they request that you have to go to the office to collect it.

Comment

It's Advance Parole, not parolment. Where on earth did you get parolment ? And I do believe you have to go in person. In NYC we had to.

Comment

Hi RHYS,
        All of the INS jargon IS confusing so don't feel bad, we all gathered your inference (So pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain...) We're in California and my husband was granted an Advance Notice of Parole to travel home in the event of family emergency, and they mailed it to us and to our lawyer, so there was no going to pick it up. Be careful, though, about using it since the customs officials at the border CAN still deny you re-entry into the U.S. even with a notice of advance parole in your hand. We've asked several lawyers if it's safe to use it if necessary and they always purse their lips and say enigmatically, "Well, it's best NOT to." Hope this helps,
        Riley

Comment

It varies by district office. Some mail it but most make you come in and get it.

Comment

Working...
          X