Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help, very worried

am i totally done for!

i came to the USA on a visa waiver, being a UK citizen.

i have just this week started to cmplete my AOS and EAD paperwork, I married my wife here and have been out of status for over a year,

yesterday i received a postcard telling me to call a number in Florida, I was suspicious and did my own research and it turned out to be from the correctiond deoartment in florida who chase up people who are out of status and i presume hold them under arrest?!

i assume this was a crapshoot on their behalf and now i have submitted my paper work

i simply hant the money to pay for my paperwork before, then my wife lost her job and her mother got seriously ill, we are right now finding our heads just above water, but im am so frightened about even going to the DOJ interview in case they detain me

do I have any options?

am i totally done for!

i came to the USA on a visa waiver, being a UK citizen.

i have just this week started to cmplete my AOS and EAD paperwork, I married my wife here and have been out of status for over a year,

yesterday i received a postcard telling me to call a number in Florida, I was suspicious and did my own research and it turned out to be from the correctiond deoartment in florida who chase up people who are out of status and i presume hold them under arrest?!

i assume this was a crapshoot on their behalf and now i have submitted my paper work

i simply hant the money to pay for my paperwork before, then my wife lost her job and her mother got seriously ill, we are right now finding our heads just above water, but im am so frightened about even going to the DOJ interview in case they detain me

do I have any options?

Comment

Once you get NOA ( notice of action) for your filled AOS with BCIS... u don't need to worry abt that.... If u haven't done so far...do it as quickly as possible...good luck...

Comment

Just curious

You didnt use the VWP to come here to get married did you?

Comment

dude, there's no "corrections department" in florida that sends "postcards" to overstays.

btw: you filed aos paperwork. so now you are "in status" awaiting "status". Kinda funny when u say it over again out loud.

-= nav =-

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
            Just curious

You didnt use the VWP to come here to get married did you?
            I used it to enter the country legitimately, not specifically for getting married

Comment

Working...
            X