Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing an art exhibition in US

Hi,
    My father is a professional artist from India and is presently in US to visit me on visitor's (B2) visa. We would like to arrange an art exhibition in some art gallery. I want to know if he can do an exhibition on B2 visa? I think he can not. In that case, which visa category we need to apply for and what's a good source to find the relevant information.
    Thanks,
    Om.

Hi,
    My father is a professional artist from India and is presently in US to visit me on visitor's (B2) visa. We would like to arrange an art exhibition in some art gallery. I want to know if he can do an exhibition on B2 visa? I think he can not. In that case, which visa category we need to apply for and what's a good source to find the relevant information.
    Thanks,
    Om.

Comment

Hi OM,

Welcome. I think it would depend on whether he plans to hold the exhibition to attract clients for future business when he returns to India, or if he is trying to sell the art at the show. Since he is not allowed to work in the US on a visitor's visa, he would be in violation of the visa terms if he were to sell his art work in the US.

Perhaps others will chime in if I am wrong. In any case, good luck to you and your dad!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OM:
        Hi,
        Thanks,
        Om. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that he came to visit you. Was it also his intention when he came to arrange an art exhibit? Did he bring drawings/art with him?

Comment

Hehehehehehehe

Artists don't need visas to have their works exhibited in US.
          But one may need visa to be present during an opening of exhibition, be it an artist or a guest.

I can't beleive your dad is an artist.
          Seeing what a d.umb question you ask I would assume your dad is anything but an artist
          Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Most art gallery in my city are interested in organizing an exhibition only when there is a chance of sale involved. So we wanted to know what VISA category we should apply to, to be able to organize and sell the exhibits as well.

Comment

you didnt answer my questions

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OM:
                Hi,
                Thanks,
                Om. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say that he came to visit you. Was it also his intention when he came to arrange an art exhibit? Did he bring drawings/art with him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He drew the paintings during his stay over here to passing time

Comment

Exhibition, sale, business = nothing to do with VISA cetegory of an artist.
                  VISA = for visiting US or working in US.
                  Your dad may stay in India ,or whatever h.ell he is from, and still have his exhibition going on in US and if ANYTHING is sold in US he can still collect proceeds.
                  But he will need VISA if he wants to visit States.
                  Think of CDs of foreign artists that you buy in store.
                  Do they need VISA to have their CD's sold?
                  What an idiot you must be to come up with questions like these
                  Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabuntium:
                    Hehehehehehehe

Artists don't need visas to have their works exhibited in US.
                    But one may need visa to be present during an opening of exhibition, be it an artist or a guest.

I can't beleive your dad is an artist.
                    Seeing what a d.umb question you ask I would assume your dad is anything but an artist </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I don't need to talk about art to a person like you and FYI any artist would want to be present when his work is being appreciated. I am not going to reply to you further, so you can talk trash as much as you want as that's what your profession seems like.

Comment

Before you talk to me you must have brains within your skull.
                      And it seems to be something you will never have in there

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

ok he did art while he was visiting you.

I did not want it to be a situation where his intent was to come here for an exhibition under the guise of visiting you. It would have been ok to do that, as long as he listed his intentions with Poe.

Universities etc often invite an artist to come to a country and display art/music or give a performance etc. Generally an artist can be paid for transportation amd expemses etc in the form of a honorarium.

AS Sab has pointed out, artists do sell their wares in this country. Make sure that he does not overstay his visa and that his proper intention is noted the next time he visits.

You may also want to look into O visa and P visa to see if they would be applicable to him in the future.

Good luck with the exhibit

Comment

I Wanna See The Art First!!!!

If Its Good? Your In! Not? Sorry!!!!
                          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Does he draw n a k e d women? Yes, I can really appreciate the model and then his art work. No Sorry No Visa.
                            BrotherofMichael
                            Almighty of ILW.com
                            Super-Duper Royal Male Lion of ILW.com

Comment

To tHe mAn wHo lOvEs aRt fOr iTs oWn sAkE, iT Is fReQuEnTlY In iTs lEaSt iMpOrTaNt aNd lOwLiEsT MaNiFeStAtIoNs tHaT ThE KeEnEsT PlEaSuRe iS To bE DeRiVeD.
                              Everything comes in circles ....... The old wheel turns, and the same spoke comes up. It's all been done before, and will be again.

Comment

Working...
                              X