GC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC

I am doing my residency currently and expect to finish in 2006. I have a fellowship position offer from a university hospital starting july 2006 as soon as i finish. But my 6 yrs expire in 2007 and I wouldnt be able to finish my fellowship
    What are my options if I still would like to pursue the fellowship? Can I try to file LC THROUGH MY CURRENT RESIDENCY PROGRAM? Can I file LC through my fellowship sponsorer? Can I try EB1/ NIW/ O1/ OR ????
    Thank you!

I am doing my residency currently and expect to finish in 2006. I have a fellowship position offer from a university hospital starting july 2006 as soon as i finish. But my 6 yrs expire in 2007 and I wouldnt be able to finish my fellowship
    What are my options if I still would like to pursue the fellowship? Can I try to file LC THROUGH MY CURRENT RESIDENCY PROGRAM? Can I file LC through my fellowship sponsorer? Can I try EB1/ NIW/ O1/ OR ????
    Thank you!

Comment

Hi there...

I think for residency / fellowship they give either J1 or H1B ... through residency you cant file for green card...that I know for sure...probably same goes for fellowship also...but u should ask ur program director...but if u get a job in hospital... they can always file for your GC....good luck... try to find something in rural area...u have more chances of getting GC...good luck...Pasha

Comment

You cannot file "through" your residency program. If you have solid credentials you can try EB1; doubt NIW is available to you as you would have to work in underserved area in H-1B status wich will run out by the expected start of your work there.

You can find a future job and have sponsor file Labor Certification now, and after having applications pending for more than a year you'll be able to extend H-1 beyond 6 years. That future job should have qualifications that would not include fellowship training (if you file before completion of fellowship), or application will be denied.

Comment

Working...
        X