Pending Forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending Forever

In general after the person done with his interview for I-485 with immigration officer and did his fingerprint and he waited more than a year or longer and still no decision on his case. What it could be and why the USCIS not taking a decision on the case?
    Please share your thoughts and post your opinion in this matter...

P.S The person does not have any criminal history (clean record) and the FBI
    check done.

In general after the person done with his interview for I-485 with immigration officer and did his fingerprint and he waited more than a year or longer and still no decision on his case. What it could be and why the USCIS not taking a decision on the case?
    Please share your thoughts and post your opinion in this matter...

P.S The person does not have any criminal history (clean record) and the FBI
    check done.

Comment

Its a pitty that they(USCIS) take too long.

Comment

Has he done a request for an update? I forget what that's called....

Comment

Iis called Inquiry but it is worthless as they really do not submit the message.USCIS approve whoever they want to approve in my opinion.

Comment

Have you called uscis to find out whats going on, and if you can't get a straight answer just call you congressman and inform them about your case, they'll definetly get an answer from uscis about your case. Good luck

Comment

why is someone always advicing to call "your" congressman.There is no such proof at all in any state,that a congressman cares or responds to someone in immigration need etc.

Not to mention that a congressman hardly cares about a complaint or question from a citizen either.
              So don't waste your time with congressman,because if it comes down to it,a Congressman Can't do s-h-i-t about USCIS and how long they might take.

Comment

Hey,

I would say you make an infopass....!!! Something is wrong they should've gave you an answer long time ago....!!! Or go to the local INS office where you had your interview and try to find your officer...!!!!

R

Comment

HBKHBK
                  Well actually what you say about the congressman are not really true. During my parents naturalization process we contacted our congressman three times
                  1. INS sent a withdrawal notice for my father - Our congressman corrected it.
                  2. INS sent a second "initial interview" notice - congressman corrected it.
                  3. My parents waited for oath ceremony but did not receive a notice - congressman had them added to list.

I contacted them about my AOS
                  I was going to hire a lawyer to help me with the forms congressman's office said that they can help - and they did help me with all paperwork and did not ask for a single penny.

So yes a congressman -can- help. Of course this may change from state to state and from congressman to congresman but you can't lose anything by contacting them.

Actually "contact your congresman" was the best advice I ever got.

Comment

THIS IS OUR STSTEM - IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GET OUT !!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X