Immigration Law Question : MY Naturalization Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question : MY Naturalization Interview

Hi all I am ghoing for my interview soon so what should i expect ? I am originally from Ireland here along time . I got my green card thru sponsorship i.e work then while married my ex became a citizen and we lived together for a few years after that i just kept my green card status that I already had .What can i expect in this interview are they normally friendly etc ???
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Hi all I am ghoing for my interview soon so what should i expect ? I am originally from Ireland here along time . I got my green card thru sponsorship i.e work then while married my ex became a citizen and we lived together for a few years after that i just kept my green card status that I already had .What can i expect in this interview are they normally friendly etc ???
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

The interview is usually relaxed compared to other interviews. They will ask you the Civics questions (6 out of 10 must be right). They'll read you a sentence then ask you to write it. You'll be asked all the questions again you answered on the form (Are you/have ever been a member of the Nazi Party etc) and ask you for an updated number of days spent out of the country for more than 24hrs.

They won't normally ask about any previous marriage unless it's relevant ie. If you are applying for Natz based on the 3 year qualification by virtue of being married to a USC (the original petitioner for your GC). Usually they want you to become a USC by the time you are qualified. Enjoy!
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

An officer skilled at detecting fraud will ask you questions about your marriage.

Comment

Who said anything about fraud here? She got her GC through a work visa.

FedNUT's favorite movie
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

You can identify a fraudster easily by how he or she views all others as committing fraud all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X