question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

can someone please inform me what is the punishment for the us citizen if a marriage is prove fraud, I know that it is up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but how often does this happen?

ps. I am not plannning to get myself involved in a "fake marriage" but I just want this info to know what could happen, I have been screwed by the system a few times now and I just want to make sure what could happen. I would really appreciate an answer as soon as possible, thank you

can someone please inform me what is the punishment for the us citizen if a marriage is prove fraud, I know that it is up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but how often does this happen?

ps. I am not plannning to get myself involved in a "fake marriage" but I just want this info to know what could happen, I have been screwed by the system a few times now and I just want to make sure what could happen. I would really appreciate an answer as soon as possible, thank you

Comment

You've posted the penalties that can be imposed. If you're not intending to engage in a sham marriage, I don't know why you would need to worry about how often they are enforced or the potential for being screwed by the system.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

I was wondering if there is any kind of statistics, I am just trying to look out for my fiancee, i dont want him to end up going to jail for being with me, I am just scared that something could happen to him, because I havent had many good experiences with the INS, and I have done all legally, so we just want to make sure that we will get to be together.

Comment

If your fiance is the USC he should have no concerns or issues if the marriage he enters is legitimate and not for the sole purpose of assisting an immigrant in gaining permanent residence in the USA. Now, if you are the alien and have had a few brushes with USCIS, then that could impact how smoothly the process would go to gain a visa or permanent residency. It all depends on what you mean by "not had many good experiences".
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
          X