Deportation to El salvador

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deportation to El salvador

Hello everyone... I have a quick question. My fiancee (not married).... got picked up 7 weeks ago and taken it, he has a "Final Deportation Order". He entered in 2005 and overstayed a 90 day visa. They are not pressing charges or anything but they are deporting him. I am moving to his country, we are at peace with this. However, we are not sure how long this may be. His brother from ES also got deported, and it took 6 weeks and 4 days.

My fiancee has been in for 7 weeks now, currently in Pennsylvania at York County. We were both told several weeks ago it would be soon, last week I called and was told a week, then I called friday and was told they are still waiting on travel documents and then he'd be on a flight. And that's all he is waiting for.

Does anybody have any experience with a time-frame for El Salvador, could it be this week or next? This is really making life hard, our family is just torn apart. We were expecting him to be fast like his brother and we just don't see why not, I don't get why they are still waiting on travel documents. He has no problems in his country, etc. I don't have his docs to supply them or anything so obviously we'd have to wait, but any idea on a time-frame?

Thanks

Hello everyone... I have a quick question. My fiancee (not married).... got picked up 7 weeks ago and taken it, he has a "Final Deportation Order". He entered in 2005 and overstayed a 90 day visa. They are not pressing charges or anything but they are deporting him. I am moving to his country, we are at peace with this. However, we are not sure how long this may be. His brother from ES also got deported, and it took 6 weeks and 4 days.

My fiancee has been in for 7 weeks now, currently in Pennsylvania at York County. We were both told several weeks ago it would be soon, last week I called and was told a week, then I called friday and was told they are still waiting on travel documents and then he'd be on a flight. And that's all he is waiting for.

Does anybody have any experience with a time-frame for El Salvador, could it be this week or next? This is really making life hard, our family is just torn apart. We were expecting him to be fast like his brother and we just don't see why not, I don't get why they are still waiting on travel documents. He has no problems in his country, etc. I don't have his docs to supply them or anything so obviously we'd have to wait, but any idea on a time-frame?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Luis and welcome,

Time frames are tough and I'm not sure anyone can give you a good answer to this. I hope you guys can be rejoined soon and your decision to move to ES shows you are willing to stick with him through thick and thin. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Thank you for your words. I know time frames are tough. I know what has happened and he's been in longer than the past case I've seen for El Salvador...

But if anybody had an idea or passed a case, any idea would be helpful...

Comment

It all depends on how fast the ES EMB/CON provides a travel document.

Comment

Immigration said thats all they are waiting for.

Any idea how long it usually takes them to provide a travel document? My fiancee has no criminal record in ES or US and is a model citizen in ES....

Does it usually take long?

Comment

No idea, turd world countries are very slow on these things, though deportees usually only get a temporary passport that is actually made of one page of heavy paper, valid only for return to ES.

Comment

I called immigration today and they told me it'd be fast once they have his documents.

Said they were requested June 4, 2009 and it all just depends.

I can't find many cases online of deportation to el salvador... so I feel so in the dark...

Comment

Unforetuneately there is no way to know the timetable. Just wait.

Comment

Why did you not request "voluntary departure"? That's a much better punishment than deportation.

Comment

Voulentary Departure was not an option because for whatever reason I guess because he overstayed his visa before they had placed a Forced Deportation order from day 1.

He never had immigration problems before this.

They did ask him to sign something which he did I guess to waive rights, but there was no option for Voulentary Departure or we'd of taken it.

he now is in the system with a final deportation order awaiting "documents".

Just to wait is very hard, any idea of a time it could take would be good but I understand it's hard to say so if anyone here has had exp. with deportation to El Salvador, please let me know your experience

and thanks to everyone

Comment

Luis84: Well, with all due respect, he DID have immigration problems before this.

The moment that he decided that he was too important to abide by America's laws and respect its sovereignty was the day that he began having immigration problems.

Comment

The whole case does not sound right. Was he served a piece of paper while in Custody? Did you try to bail first? Does he has a valid passport somewhere in the house?

Comment

He was never served a peice of paper, they said they mailed him a letter asking for appearance at immigration court in 2005, he failed to show up. So they issued a deportation order. Which is why he is being deported now.

He has no problem being deported and has not tried to fight it, we want to move to el salvador. So they tell us they are waiting on travel documents from ES which were requested June 4, 2009... and then he will be sent. He has a final deportation order from a judge.

We are just trying to figure out if the documents were requested june 4, how much longer we will be stuck waiting until he is in el salvador...

Comment

Reopen the case, in the meanwhile, bail him out. As to the timeframe, ICE should know, but not exactly. If you wanted to go back to El, why over stayed here since 2005? The case does not sound right. That mail was that piece of paper was talking about. Named: "Order to show cause" or "Notice to Appear."

Comment

Working...
                              X