fingerprint experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fingerprint experience

My husband has an interview to be fingerprinted on Friday - we have heard mixed comments, some people received their Social Security numbers at this interview, while others did not.

Does anyone have any experience in this matter.

(we live in Mass, filed an I-485 in March)

Thank you!

My husband has an interview to be fingerprinted on Friday - we have heard mixed comments, some people received their Social Security numbers at this interview, while others did not.

Does anyone have any experience in this matter.

(we live in Mass, filed an I-485 in March)

Thank you!

Comment

Have you file an application to get Social Security# with the SSA? I know sometimes they want to see proof that you can worked first before issuing one (EAD will suffice), but never heard that they waited until biometrics is taken before issuing one.

Comment

Receiving your SSN is different from anything with the USCIS. The SSA is now checking to validate immigration status. This will make a difference as to whether you receive a normal SS Card or one with a restriction like "Valid only with Authorization". My husband has a restricted one since he only had his EAD when we applied for it. We received it in only about one week. You can check the SSA's web site to get a copy of the form to fill out before you go to make sure that you have everything you need.

Comment

Working...
        X