L1 - "new office" incorporation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - "new office" incorporation

I have read the requirements for an L1 visa. The point that is not clear to me is if a foreign company wants to establish a new office in the U.S. does it need to incorporate that office BEFORE they send over a manager (foreign national to use the L1), or is the incorporation something that this person can do once he is in the U.S.?

I have read the requirements for an L1 visa. The point that is not clear to me is if a foreign company wants to establish a new office in the U.S. does it need to incorporate that office BEFORE they send over a manager (foreign national to use the L1), or is the incorporation something that this person can do once he is in the U.S.?

Comment

Best to establish the office first - please check as on some visas there is a 12 month rule e.g. the office need to have been established for 12 months - this could be the setting up of the company from a legal point of view as there must have been an address to do so - even if it is the accountants. Be sure to say on the LCA the same town as the 'office' address in this instance - safer.
      Colin.

Comment

Any foreign company wants to open the Branch Office in the United States, have to Registered with the Local County Office get the License, get the IRS Registration, Open the Office. Once you have completed the Federal and Local Government requirements, Then file the petition for person to be transfered to the United States to Manage this business. Once the petition is approved it will be sent to the nearest Embassy/Consulatr for you to apply for the visa, which is know as Inter Company Transfer, valid according to the validity of petition, it is a multile visa stamped inthe passport.

Comment

Working...
        X