No announcement yet.

I751 form. Is it worth hiring a lawyer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 form. Is it worth hiring a lawyer?

Hi, everyone!

It's a time for me to file I751 form to remove conditions from my green card. I am not really happy with my current lawyer, since she messed up with my previous process. Instructions on I751 form are very clear and I have a whole truck of papers to prove my marriage. My lawyer wants $600 for her services, while fees cost only $150. Is it really worth spending additional $450? What are the benefits of filing this form with a lawyer? Thank you in advance.

Hi, everyone!

It's a time for me to file I751 form to remove conditions from my green card. I am not really happy with my current lawyer, since she messed up with my previous process. Instructions on I751 form are very clear and I have a whole truck of papers to prove my marriage. My lawyer wants $600 for her services, while fees cost only $150. Is it really worth spending additional $450? What are the benefits of filing this form with a lawyer? Thank you in advance.

Comment

I'd like to heard any suggestions regarding this too. Is it easy to mess this form up and have delays as a result? Has anyone completed this procedure without legal help? How did it go? If there were any lessons you learn, we would be most grateful for sharing.

Comment

Do it yourself.

Save your $$

Comment

The fees for I-751 from tomorrow and thereon will be $200.

You should do it yourself but make sure you put affidavits from people that know about your marriage and copies of all the documentation, do not send any originals...

Comment

Do it yourself...send lots of documentation all wrapped up in a pretty package.

Comment

It's very simple to fill out, and as Ardainia said, provide a lot of supporting documentation. There is no reason to hire a lawyer.

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. I will file I751 myself, but what is "affidavit from people that know about the marriage"? Is it a form or just a free-style letter? What should I write there? Does somebody have any example of such affidavit? Again, thank you very much.

Comment

Love these people. They defraud American citizens for green cards and complain about $450. And you know right away they are guilty because they are using a lawyer.

Comment

An affidavit frim people who know you is where 2 or 3 people will lie through their teeth for you. Often this will be your real boyfriend from your country and other people in on the scam.

Comment

Edgrapes - just ask people that know you to write letters, basically explaining how they know you and your spouse, and providing any information that shows the marriage is real. This can be anything such as describing things you do together, common interests, goals, what the person writing the letter thinks of your marriage, etc. Letters can be in any format; there is no form for them. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by edgrapes:
                        Hi, everyone!

hey edgrapes, why don't you e-mail me and I will tell you about someone who is excellent and can do this for you for like 200 bucks..

Comment

hey edgrapes, why don't you e-mail me and I will tell you about someone who is excellent and can do this for you for like 200 bucks..[/QUOTE]

I don't think my e-mail is listed...here it is: julie_celik2001@yahoo.com

I strongly suggest that you don't do this yourself. It's not worth it, if you screw up the paperwork, just to save yourself a couple of hundred dollars. believe me, I went through it myself. This person, she's excellent, better than a lawyer. E-mail me and I will tell you were to reach her.

Comment

I'll do it for $100 !!! I am an expert at I-751 !

Comment

Michael!

There is a couple of reason why immigrants use lawyers:
                              1. Immigrants do not know laws in US.
                              2. Immigrants have problems with understanding some clauses on a form, since English is not their native language.
                              3. Immigrants think(and this is a mistake) that only *******s like you work in INS, morans that hate immigrants and would prefer to get forms signed by other "honest citizens" aka lawyers rather than immigrants.

My advice to you: get laid it might help your tension.

Comment

Working...
                              X