Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Udate - Aguila now officially the longest pending I-751 on this forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udate - Aguila now officially the longest pending I-751 on this forum.

It finally came - after all these years.

So with this, I too shall now fade away - at least until 2014...

ARQU

It finally came - after all these years.

So with this, I too shall now fade away - at least until 2014...

ARQU

Comment

ANOTHER FRAUDSTER BEATS THE SYSTEM !!!
      THIS IS A BLACK DAY FOR AMERICA !

Comment

Thanks for your well wishes Mike-Hole. I would expect no other.

ARQU

Comment

Congrats ARQU. Nice to hear some good news from you. I presume they got it right this time?

Sphy

Comment

You defraud my country and a human being and you want congratulations? And I am the bad guy here?

Comment

Mike-Hole: I want nothing from you nor do I give you any credence for anything you write. You are the fraudster - not I.

Sphy: Thanks - but I noticed that there is indeed a typo on the GC, so now I need to make an INFOPASS app't, take new mugshots, go to the DSC and wait another 10 months to get my GC fixed up.

Oh well - at least something happened...

ARQU

Comment

You are f'in kidding, right? A typo? No way....

Comment

ARQU:

Congratulations! Mail a form I-90 without the fee, the pictures a statement of where the error is, and copies of the card you have just received...it would save you the trip to Newark....

I checked a couple of weeks ago, and my file remains at VSC, it is almost 2 months that it has been sitting there since the guy from Newark sent it back...

In the positive hand, I read this week two successful I-751 waiver cases that were approved with interview.

Comment

Aguila I hope you are not favoring the abuse of the waiver are you???

Comment

Sphy: Yes - they put me down as *** = F. I guess it was the long blonde hair in the pic that confused them or something... It is weird as that was not wrong on the original...

Are you sure you can just mail it in Aguila? The instructions indicate that you need to take it to the DSC with new pics, no fee (that will save $185), indicate what the clerical error is and proof that it is in error... But the key is that it is to be submitted at the DSC

I am on hold with the '800 folks to clarify and will post what they say shortly... I would be very happy if you are correct my friend!

The good news is that they actually processed my change of address correctly this time as the GC arrived at my new address...

I will be monitoring your progress as well - but I had hoped to not think INS at all over the next several years - but now I will need to fixup one more thing before I can totally relax...

Actually, it was all kind of anti-climatic after all these years... Tempered, I guess, by the mistake on the card.

ARQU

Comment

Aguila:

I have confirmed that I need to make an INFOPASS app't, take new mug shots, fill in another I-90, provide proof that the error is on the part of the INS (to avoid the $185), take my card, take copies of my card, create a statement that clearly identifies what the problem is and what needs to be corrected. They will take the GC, stamp my passport (yet again - I hope they can find an empty page!) and I will have to wait for the corrected GC to be issued (she acknowleged that will take 6-12 months again).

I then truck all this stuff down to the DSC and start the I-90 clock ticking (currently about 8 mos at VSC). I am travelling internationally again this month so I am going to hold off all this until I get back and simply use this GC for the next few weeks.

I am also going to go to the DMV and renew my license while I have the GC in hand. I have talked to a couple of folks who have had problems proving status at NJ DMV with only an I-551 stamp so since my license expires later this year, I am just going to renew it while I have my GC in hand.

My passport may even expire while I await the GC so then I'll have the problem of the I-551 stamp being in an expired passport. That will make 3 passports I have had over time with various INS stamps in them. Maybe this process will end one day - I thought I was there until I saw the typo....

That is now 6 yrs for a simple marriage based GC - simply ridiculous to the point of absurdity!

Come to think of it, I know a pic I could give them that will prove I am not female! I am tempted...

Later,

ARQU

Comment

Holy **** ARQU. I can't believe the incompetence. You need to document this with the ombudsman and other congressional types. You're handling it pretty good. I'd be going ballistic about now. Too bad you can't naturalize and forget the whole green card thing. You should submit a couple of photos of your a s s and see if USCIS puts the wrong one on the next green card. Or maybe submit a couple of photos flipping them off or something. It'll be time to apply for a new card by the time you get the first one right. You've got a great attitude. Take care my friend.

Comment

they put me down as *** = F. I guess it was the long blonde hair in the pic
                            - Ageing Hipster freak

Comment

ARQU:

This USCIS people is so inefficient and incopetent that is beyond my understanding...well another trip to the beatiful city of Newark

I will be calling the 1-800 every month to check wether my file remains at VSC or it was transferred to Newark, if a ridiculous amount of time elapsed and my file remains at VSC without action (between 6-8 months since the las transfer from Newark) I will write a letter to the Supervisor of Adjudications from the Family Unit at VSC.

In about 10 months from now I will be mailing out my N-400...I will force them to take action then if they still do not adjudicate my case. Meanwhile I am concentrating on my plans for law school, my job, etc...

I'll got used to this situation and I do not suffer from anxiety anymore. I know that either administratively or legally I will prevail in the end.

By the way, my new e-mail address to keep in touch with me is: aguilax18@hotmail.com

Take care...

Comment

Working...
                              X