Parents Immigration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Immigration

I have applied for my parents (I-130) in June of 2001. I have not heard back from INS other than they received my application. I see that the days pending is 455 (is that regular days or business days?). How long I have to wait for the decision. If the decision is in my favor, how long would they have before they have to appear in a consulate/embassy in India? How long would they have to come to USA if/after they get their visa?
    After they come to US, when and how would they get their Green Card?

I have applied for my parents (I-130) in June of 2001. I have not heard back from INS other than they received my application. I see that the days pending is 455 (is that regular days or business days?). How long I have to wait for the decision. If the decision is in my favor, how long would they have before they have to appear in a consulate/embassy in India? How long would they have to come to USA if/after they get their visa?
    After they come to US, when and how would they get their Green Card?

Comment

I presume you are a USC as a PR cannot file petition for one's parents.The best way to check the status is to call the service center where you have filed your petition for your parents.
      If the petition is approved,then NVC send communication to the consulate in India and may be called to appear for interview.Once the visas are given then they can show to the POE the visa and can go to the SS to file for their social security number.

Comment

Working...
      X