Petioning under VAWA - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petioning under VAWA - please help

Can anyone please advice me on how long the process is if I am filing under VAWA. Also, while my papers are pending will I be able to obtain a work authorization and a social security number so I can gain employment?

Can anyone please advice me on how long the process is if I am filing under VAWA. Also, while my papers are pending will I be able to obtain a work authorization and a social security number so I can gain employment?

Comment

Processing times for your service center will give you an idea how long it may take...
      https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

If you are in the USA, and file for the adjustment of status I-485, you are also eligible for employment authorisation document. I haven't read SSA rules, but people get SSN after they have EAD.
      Depending on how and when you entered the USA, you may ask for SSN even before you get EAD.

Comment

You may file this paperwork packet concurrently: I-360, I-485 & I-765, and you may get an EAD as basis for your SSN application within 90 days. But, it's a must that you seek professional assistance in documenting your VAWA/I-360 eligibility.

Comment

Thanks Aneri and rough neighbour, I spoke to my lawyer and she said that I will have to wait until my case gets approved then I will be able to obtain a work authorization. She also mentioned that once USCIS receives my case they will determine if I am eligible for assistants.

Comment

Working...
          X