I-485 Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Interview

I just went for fingerprints on May 2nd and today (May 5) I got a letter in the mail for my interview appointment. Is this a common thing? I find it strange that they have already given me an interview appointment. Does this mean that my fingerprints cleared? I heard that they dont schedule interviews until fingerprints have cleared. Also, does anybody know what they look for when they do background checks? Thanks

I just went for fingerprints on May 2nd and today (May 5) I got a letter in the mail for my interview appointment. Is this a common thing? I find it strange that they have already given me an interview appointment. Does this mean that my fingerprints cleared? I heard that they dont schedule interviews until fingerprints have cleared. Also, does anybody know what they look for when they do background checks? Thanks

Comment

They just wanna make sure that everything is legal and you are not a fake. Clearence on your fingerprints may take anywhere from 3 months to 3 years. Depending on where you are from and what your name sounds like. Yeah it is normal.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by herbit:
        I just went for fingerprints on May 2nd and today (May 5) I got a letter in the mail for my interview appointment. Is this a common thing? I find it strange that they have already given me an interview appointment. Does this mean that my fingerprints cleared? I heard that they dont schedule interviews until fingerprints have cleared. Also, does anybody know what they look for when they do background checks? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        NO!!! Just because u got an interview letter does not mean your finger prints and background check is complete. You will not find that out until u go for your interview.Good luck
        AOS from F1 "overstay" to
        Sept.2004 Got hitched
        10/03/06 AOS packet mailed
        10.09.06 recieved
        10.16.06 Recieved NOAs
        10.18.06 all Touched
        10.19.06 I 765 Touched and Medical mailed
        10.24.06 recieved biometrics letter
        10.26.06 I 130 touched

Comment

FBI backgroundcheck includes but not limited.
          Your criminal background,in and out of the country.Your arrest history,even charges that were dropped,to so far seeing how many parking tickets u have received.Not that matters,but just to give you an idea what they can look for.

PS: since you are new to this country,be also prepared lots of buisness and jobs u may apply or wanna be a part of,do also a basic fbi background check...

Comment

Herbit,

Since USCIS is trying to move quick they do schedule interview very close to biometrics appt. But most likely at the interview if it will be approved they will inform you that they are awaiting background check and FBI clearance. So do not be surprised if that will occur. Hope this will help. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X