Can somebody enlighten me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody enlighten me?

I am a foreigner outside the US. I married my husband in my home country a few months ago. My husband has filed I-130 for me. The I-130 is still pending at INS now. Three days ago my dear husband suddenly died of a heartattack in the US. My husband had two children from his previous marriage, one boy who is 16 years old and one girl of 10 years old. I wonder whether I can still immigrate to the US. I love the children and they want to live with me too. What should I do now? Can someone help me?

I am a foreigner outside the US. I married my husband in my home country a few months ago. My husband has filed I-130 for me. The I-130 is still pending at INS now. Three days ago my dear husband suddenly died of a heartattack in the US. My husband had two children from his previous marriage, one boy who is 16 years old and one girl of 10 years old. I wonder whether I can still immigrate to the US. I love the children and they want to live with me too. What should I do now? Can someone help me?

Comment

Check with an attorney...I was thinking that you could file a I-360, however it stipulates that you need to have been married for two years. However, if you are being awarded custody of the children, I would like to think that you amy be able to file a waiver of inadmissability, provide you have all legal documentation supporting custody.

Comment

Hello,
        Sorry to hear such a bad news!
        The best thing would be for you to hire an attorney. I could recommend One.
        Send him an E-mail. I can tell you he is really one of the best in the country and you believe it or not, he is human.
        E-mail address: ramoncarrion@yahoo.com

Good Luck!
        Susan

Comment

Working...
        X