Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-90 repalce green card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i-90 repalce green card

    i filed an application to replace my greencard a year ago and its still pending any ideas why I am irish they keep stamping my passport so i can work and come and go as i please but wondering why the delay i got my original greencard in 1989 almost 20 years ago i gave my biometrics etc
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

  • #2
    i filed an application to replace my greencard a year ago and its still pending any ideas why I am irish they keep stamping my passport so i can work and come and go as i please but wondering why the delay i got my original greencard in 1989 almost 20 years ago i gave my biometrics etc
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

    Comment


    • #3
      WOW...this is crazy....

      But at least you have your passport stamped. They won't even stamp mine.

      I was approved almost two years ago---never did receive any welcome letters or original card. Only found out that I was approved because I requested a staus check from USCIS local office.

      They claimed they re-sent the card but again...I never got it. I got all the letters they sent and have not moved in 10 yrs.

      Went via INFO PASS and request stamp in passport to proof status so that I can take my real estate broker's exam---they won't even stamp it.

      Told me to re-file the I90 and PAY...PAY the fee of $370---YES PAY....No money no talk, no stamp.... I did, still waiting....

      Amazing system right??

      Comment


      • #4
        wow I am from ireland they stamped the passport last year when i applied for the replacement gc then that expired so i got another stamp no problme they were actually very nice to me system states my case is pending but i have another stamp now valid till mary 23rd 2009 but prefer to have the physical card as i had mine since 1989 seems they are backed up :-( go see them again apart from waiting for my card they have being very nice to me at the office in fairfax and the one In sacramento ca when I moved i notified them online of address change and got confirmation
        Regards and thanks,
        Mary Josephine :-)

        Comment


        • #5
          hey any luck with your green card i spoke to them re mine and got that leetr that tells u nothing juts its pending and has being delayed i had the original since 1989 they were issued for life and then it was old and i could not find it so did the i-90 i have a stamp another my passport valid till 2009 may so thats good i have a career programmer but im still asking whates the delay what do they do exactly when they process the appli i paid the fee biometrics my email is josepnass@hotmail.com



          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
          WOW...this is crazy....

          But at least you have your passport stamped. They won't even stamp mine.

          I was approved almost two years ago---never did receive any welcome letters or original card. Only found out that I was approved because I requested a staus check from USCIS local office.

          They claimed they re-sent the card but again...I never got it. I got all the letters they sent and have not moved in 10 yrs.

          Went via INFO PASS and request stamp in passport to proof status so that I can take my real estate broker's exam---they won't even stamp it.

          Told me to re-file the I90 and PAY...PAY the fee of $370---YES PAY....No money no talk, no stamp.... I did, still waiting....

          Amazing system right?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Regards and thanks,
          Mary Josephine :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Interesting, my wife had a similar problem. She applied in 1996 for her greencard and had to go once a year for an extension (work permitt) until they started stamping her passport yearly. One day she decided she had enough of this driving around, made an appointment with our Congressman and told them down there in Lansing her story -- it took another 2 months, but after waiting for 6 years, in July 2002 she received her welcome letter and greencard. The irony is, the greencard was issued in 1998 and active all this time. We can hardly wait for the renewal :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey Mary:


              I have recently applied for the I90, already got the biometrics done. Was told it will take up to a year before I see anything back but in the meantime, I can get the passport stamped if I needed to travel.
              No ...I have not yet made the appointment for that stamping yet. Should be getting that done later this week or next week.

              Why don't you apply for citizenship? I am sure you have enough time here to do that....

              Comment


              • #8
                You can check the processing times here:
                NSC: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=NSC
                CSC: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=CSC
                TSC: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=TSC
                VSC: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=VSC

                As you can see, the California Service Center is taking almost 2 years to process I-90s.
                Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  ok yah but i called them actually yesterday i had my green card issues wow 1989 so was fro life however i lost it so when i filed the i-90 i said i lost it i filed it april 2007 now well 14th mths later exactly i heard they can deny u wow ??? anyt advice my email is josepnass@hotmail.com when i call them i just get the answer its pending they gave me an audit stamp and i-551 in passport
                  Regards and thanks,
                  Mary Josephine :-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yes i had the original green card since wow 1989 but with an appication to replace the card in my passport can i apply for citizenship or do i have to wait till i receive the phyiscal green card u see my dilemma :-) any advise appreciatted my emails josepnass@hotmail.com question is basically can one apply for citrizenship with an i-90 pending even tough i am here since 1989

                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
                    Hey Mary:


                    I have recently applied for the I90, already got the biometrics done. Was told it will take up to a year before I see anything back but in the meantime, I can get the passport stamped if I needed to travel.
                    No ...I have not yet made the appointment for that stamping yet. Should be getting that done later this week or next week.

                    Why don't you apply for citizenship? I am sure you have enough time here to do that.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    Regards and thanks,
                    Mary Josephine :-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      good news i heard they are processing the card ie its 100% aproved now after umm 15 months i called to speak to them on the phone and yes its suppose to be on the way will see :-) but how is your situation keep onto them as I did



                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
                      hey any luck with your green card i spoke to them re mine and got that leetr that tells u nothing juts its pending and has being delayed i had the original since 1989 they were issued for life and then it was old and i could not find it so did the i-90 i have a stamp another my passport valid till 2009 may so thats good i have a career programmer but im still asking whates the delay what do they do exactly when they process the appli i paid the fee biometrics my email is josepnass@hotmail.com



                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
                      WOW...this is crazy....

                      But at least you have your passport stamped. They won't even stamp mine.

                      I was approved almost two years ago---never did receive any welcome letters or original card. Only found out that I was approved because I requested a staus check from USCIS local office.

                      They claimed they re-sent the card but again...I never got it. I got all the letters they sent and have not moved in 10 yrs.

                      Went via INFO PASS and request stamp in passport to proof status so that I can take my real estate broker's exam---they won't even stamp it.

                      Told me to re-file the I90 and PAY...PAY the fee of $370---YES PAY....No money no talk, no stamp.... I did, still waiting....

                      Amazing system right?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Regards and thanks,
                      Mary Josephine :-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey Mary:

                        As far as I know, you CAN apply for citizenship after 5 yrs as permanent resident. You will have to check on the "consecutive months presence in US".

                        You can actually call that 800# , have to stay on wait for a long time and then keep asking for supervisor or immigration officer---then you can ask him/her to pull your records and see if you can apply for citizenship. Takes a lot of patience and time to stay and ask the right questions. Remember---be NICE to whoever answers the phone. Friendly conversations usually gets you the answers.

                        FYI: I finally did pay for the I-90, got biometrics done. Then made appointment via INFO PASS and got the STAMP in my passport. Funny thing is---they only gave me a 6 months STAMP instead of the usual 1 yr.

                        Officer told me if I need to travel again, then I can go and get another STAMP---but no indication if I have to pay another $300+ for another STAMP though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Why haven't you applied for citizenship or is just easier to complain and whine? Or would you rather be a potato head your whole life?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dear Son of Micheal I am far from a whiner or a complainer Just that Immig agent give me different information ie 75% is the same and 25% varies from agent to agent and for your information Ireland is the 3rd wealthiest country in Europe these days And I am irish till te day I die does nt matter what other country grants me citizenship and yes I will apply I work hard pay my taxews and get on with my life Visit Ireland before you comment on it re potatoes we do not live on them
                            therea a great big world outside the usa .. I await another smart comment form you :-) keeps life interesting, Oh Sonofmicheal whos Micheal by the way

                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                            Why haven't you applied for citizenship or is just easier to complain and whine? Or would you rather be a potato head your whole life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Regards and thanks,
                            Mary Josephine :-)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yes thanks 108jam sonofmicheal has told me that But it all takes time and i never though about citizenship really maybe i will just be a whinner as son of micheal stated .. But hey nothing comes to those who wait right My issue was immigration never gives a straight answer it seems they approved the card etc but they are awaiting game.. yah good idea i will ask to speak to a supervisor thanks Im off to get some potatoes at safeway sonofmichela got me in the mood for them no Pasta tonight Potatoes it is :-)


                              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
                              Hey Mary:

                              As far as I know, you CAN apply for citizenship after 5 yrs as permanent resident. You will have to check on the "consecutive months presence in US".

                              You can actually call that 800# , have to stay on wait for a long time and then keep asking for supervisor or immigration officer---then you can ask him/her to pull your records and see if you can apply for citizenship. Takes a lot of patience and time to stay and ask the right questions. Remember---be NICE to whoever answers the phone. Friendly conversations usually gets you the answers.

                              FYI: I finally did pay for the I-90, got biometrics done. Then made appointment via INFO PASS and got the STAMP in my passport. Funny thing is---they only gave me a 6 months STAMP instead of the usual 1 yr.

                              Officer told me if I need to travel again, then I can go and get another STAMP---but no indication if I have to pay another $300+ for another STAMP though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              Regards and thanks,
                              Mary Josephine :-)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X