IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THE FUTURE ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THE FUTURE ????

MY HUSBAND WAS CAUGHT ENTERING THE COUNTRY SEVERAL TIMES IN 1999, AND HE HAS BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THE COUNTRY. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE LAWS PREVENTING HIM FROM EVER GETTING HIS GREEN CARD I WAS JUST WOUNDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY LAWS CHANGING IN THE NEAR FUTURE THAT MAY HELP US? I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND CAN NOT EVEN GET MY HUSBAND HIS GREEN CARD.. I FIND THIS TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!! WHEN I LIVE IN A CITY WITH MANY MIDDLE-EASTREN PEOPLE WHO HAVE THERE WHOLE FAMLIES LIVING HERE WITH THEM AND SOME OF THEM EVEN LIE AND SAY THERE NEICES AND NEPHEWS ARE THERE OWN CHILDREN JUST TO GET THERE THEIR GREEN CARD... SOMETHING JUST DOESN'T SEEM FAIR I AM A CITIZEN IN THIS COUNTRY AND CAN NOT HELP MY HUSBAND GET HIS GREEN CARD....IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY LAWS THAT MY BE IN THE MAKING OR SOME WERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

MY HUSBAND WAS CAUGHT ENTERING THE COUNTRY SEVERAL TIMES IN 1999, AND HE HAS BEEN EXCLUDED FROM THE COUNTRY. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE LAWS PREVENTING HIM FROM EVER GETTING HIS GREEN CARD I WAS JUST WOUNDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY LAWS CHANGING IN THE NEAR FUTURE THAT MAY HELP US? I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND CAN NOT EVEN GET MY HUSBAND HIS GREEN CARD.. I FIND THIS TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!! WHEN I LIVE IN A CITY WITH MANY MIDDLE-EASTREN PEOPLE WHO HAVE THERE WHOLE FAMLIES LIVING HERE WITH THEM AND SOME OF THEM EVEN LIE AND SAY THERE NEICES AND NEPHEWS ARE THERE OWN CHILDREN JUST TO GET THERE THEIR GREEN CARD... SOMETHING JUST DOESN'T SEEM FAIR I AM A CITIZEN IN THIS COUNTRY AND CAN NOT HELP MY HUSBAND GET HIS GREEN CARD....IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY LAWS THAT MY BE IN THE MAKING OR SOME WERE IN THE NEAR FUTURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

Comment

No, there are no laws changing that I am aware of in regards to people that have been excluded from the county. I understand that ou do not think it is fair, but do you think it is fair that your husband tried many times to sneak into a country? I don't. Many people on this board have done everything legal from the beginning, and still do not have their spouses with them, that's not fair, but others have had their spouse sneak in until the last possible moment. I don't think that is fair. You should have thought about fair when you married your husband, knowing that he is considered a criminal in the US's eyes. As a USC how can you be so willing to let that fact just slip by?

Comment

NO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE

WE HAVE ENOUGH CRIMINALS AS IT IS

Comment

WELL 1ST OF ALL ARDAINIA I MARRIED MY HUSBAND BECAUSE I LOVE HIM I COULD CARELESS ABOUT THE GREEN CARD.. AS FAR AS CRIMINAL, MY HUSBAND IS FAR FROM A CRIMINAL.I'LL TELL YOU WHAT A CRIMINAL IS: MY BROTHER WAS SHOT POINT BLANK IN THE HEAD BY SOMEONE HE THOUGHT WAS HIS FRIEND AND AFTER BEING SHOT THE MAN LEFT MY BROTHER WENT HOME AND CALLED THE POLICE AND SAID MY BROTHER SHOT HIMSELF IN THE HEAD AFTER MANY LONG DAYS IN COURT THE JUDGE SENTENCED MY BROTHERS KILLER TO 5 YEARS MAXIMUM...THE CRIMINAL HERE IS MY BROTHERS KILLER AND THE JUDGE WHO SENTENCED HIM TO HIS TIME..
          MY HUSBAND CAME TO MAKE A BETTER LIFE FOR HIS FAMILY AND TO TAKE CARE OF HIS VERY ILL MOTHER THERE WAS NO TIME TO FILE FOR VISAS.. I FELL BAD FOR THESE WOMEN WHO ARE HAVING ISSUES GETTING THERE HUSBANDS BACK IN THE COUNTRY WITH THEM. I WAS REFERED TO THIS WEB SITE BY A CLOSE FRIEND I WAS HOPING TO GET SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN SOME WHAT THE SAME SITUATION. NOT KNOCKED DOWN AND BAD MOUTHED..AS FAR AS WHAT THE U.S. CONSIDERS A CRIMINAL AND WHAT I CONSIDER A CRIMINAL THERE ARE 2 VERY DIFFERANT DEFFINATIONS...

AND MICHAEL AS FAR AS YOU GO.. YOU ARE A SELF CONTAINED IDIOT!!!!

DO YOU REALLY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN HANG OUT ON THIS WEB SITE MAKING YOUR SELF SOUND MORE AND MORE STUPID..
          I AGREE WITH THE RET YOU ARE A WACKO STALKER
          YOU WHITE POWER FREAK!!!!!

Comment

1 MORE THING ARDAINIA I TRULY WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR SITUATION...

Comment

Ashmat

Where were you when 245I was enacted ..For $1000 application fee I-485A sup (because alien sneaked in)he could have adjusted status thru his USC spouse. Last applications were submitted April 2001 the extended deadline. Why you didnt take care of the situation then?????? It was the talk of the town! Its not likely that another 245I will come around again anytime soon. certainly not after 9-11

Keep your ear to the ground and check the board often for news updates.

Dont let posts bother you to the point of not checking the board for info. You must understand dear that what your husband did was wrong. Now accept that and stop making excuses for him. The board is not going to support or give sympathy there. You have to understand there are relatives who have been waiting a long time to come here b/c they have gone about things in the proper way. Now you have our sympathy and support for the hardship and ordeal that you are going thru so Put your energy into investigating how and if it can be fixed such as waivers etc. However because of his multiple disregards, he is probably permanently excluded. But keep your chin up.

Comment

If you let him have a green card, you'll have to give EVERYONE on the PLANET a green card.

you wanna pay for accomodations for 6 billion people?

the only thing that prevents MILLIONS of central and south americans, chinse, indians and africans from coming over here in droves -- is that we DON'T give out green cards. Remove that restriction, and look out america!

-= nav =-

Comment

245i is the exact reason why illegal immigration and bordering crossin INCREASED btw.

people know another amnesty is coming SOON -- so they're coming here in droves and "establishing residency" for that purpose.

-= nav =-

Comment

ashmat - come to www.immigrate2us.net - it is a much friendlier forum and people like Michael (and moondin in most cases) would be quickly and easily deleted

I don't know much about your situation, but I am VERY familiar with the law that you are struggling with.

Also, you might want to check www.britishexpats.com as they have a section on immigration to Canada, which might be somewhat helpful as far as opening up your options.

Finally, I just want to say that I am very very sorry to hear about your brother, and I know that his "friend" may not have been sentenced fairly by the judge, but things often come around in a circular pattern, and I am sure that in one way or another he will get what he deserves!

Comment

Also, this is a lengthy, difficult and uncertain way to go, but as a last resort you can consider the possibility of obtaining a special pardon for him or fighting the law all the way to the supreme court and possibly changing the law.

Also, make sure you vote - certain candidates are more likely to lead this country in the direction of changing laws - at some point in the future - than others are.

Comment

Special pardon? Changing the law. OK...

Aren't we being a bit TOO optamistic here?
                        Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Jo - I didn't say that it was likely to happen... but these were all things that went through my mind when I was struggling with this... Would I actually have done it? Well, I don't know, but I think I would have tried for the pardon while applying for residency in Canada.

But then again, a very strong coping mechanism that I used was doing SOMETHING - almost anything... if I wasn't doing something I just felt out of control of my life, helpless, depressed, anxiety-ridden, etc. I just couldn't let go of any possibility of hope.

I seriously considered handcuffing myself to the white house fence and going on a hunger strike... but then again I think I would have had a meltdown in front of all the ignorant hate expressed by people like moondin and michael.

Thank goodness things worked out for us!!!

Comment

There is one more option till this gets sorted out.....

You can go and live with your husband in his home country.

Good luck

Comment

Spouse:

If anyone could have done it, it would be you.

You are one brilliant lady! You are a shining star, Babes!
                              Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Working...
                              X