Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 without I-485

Hi,

What do I gain by filling I-140 not concurrently with I-485,? due to the retrogression dates I cannot file I-485 at the same time as I-140.

thx

Hi,

What do I gain by filling I-140 not concurrently with I-485,? due to the retrogression dates I cannot file I-485 at the same time as I-140.

thx

Comment

Once you priority date will become current ,you will submit your I-485 with alreay approved
      I-140 .That`s should save some time for your application to be process.

Comment

Hey Rida or anyone,

Does I-140 filling make you stay legally while its being processed ? And, what does this mean for an F1 student who is in status.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Nthpole !
          Filing I-140 does not guarantee you legal status. Only I-485 application to adjust status has this authority.
          If a person had been in us illegal then filing I-485 stops the accumulation of unlawful presence.
          Since you have valid F1 visa and you did not violate your status , you shouldn`t be worry !

Comment

Thanks Rida,

I was thinking i shld file i-1485 with i-140 to get work authorization, what do u think? And with the new retrogression hope this does not affect any new filing ?

Thanks

Comment

What is your priority date? Is it current ?
              If not you can not file I-485 nor I-765.

Comment

How do I identify if I am EB2 or EB3? do you know on what I-form do I need to establish that category?

I am a south american Electrical engineer 18 years of Computer system Experience , also I have finished (1999 in south america)a master in system engineering program (no degree because I have not presented the thesis), 5 last years working in the USA as IT network analyst.

Comment

Peru !
                  Your attorney shoud know under which category did he or she file your LC application.
                  I`m kinda confused with your post ????
                  When did you file your LC application ?
                  When was it approved ?

Comment

Hey Rida !

Thanks for your replies.

Nthpole

Comment

Electrical Engineers should be EB-2 I assume.
                      It`s a professional occupation !
                      What is your priority date ?

Comment

Hi Rida,

LC was filed March 2003; still waiting for its approval.

In which INS or ETA form does someone set eb2 or eb3?

Comment

Hi Peru !
                          It doesn`t really state on the application EB-2 or EB-3. It is based on job requirments for which you labor certification was sought.
                          EB-3 reqires only 2-years experience in a specific field. For EB-2 eligibility log on to
                          www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/eligibility2.htm
                          You must consult this with immigration attorney.

Comment

Engineers/Programmer even with 18yrs of experience can still either be EB-3 or EB-2. I would be much inclined to file EB-2 if the applicant holds an Master Degree or higher. In this situation, its pretty much a tossup unless you can get that Master Degree (finish the thesis).

Comment

I have a master in business admin, I am still looking for a sponsor

Comment

Working...
                              X