I moved with a pending case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I moved with a pending case

I moved 2 months ago (same state) and filed the AR 11 form, and called the 800 number. A month before my move, I sent my n400 app and have not heard anything from them. Should I be concerned? It has been been a little over 2 months, and nothing. Should I have received some sort of receipt notice? Should I contact the Vermont Center? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

I moved 2 months ago (same state) and filed the AR 11 form, and called the 800 number. A month before my move, I sent my n400 app and have not heard anything from them. Should I be concerned? It has been been a little over 2 months, and nothing. Should I have received some sort of receipt notice? Should I contact the Vermont Center? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!

Comment

NCSC should have entered your new address, and after two months, your application should have been feed in. Has your check been cashed? There will be a tracking # on the back. This is one of the things a Congressperson can fix right away.

Comment

Thanks Old Man!

I paid via Bank Draft, and confiremed with my bank that it has been processed. I already had the 800# file some sort of a "no receipt confirmtation" notice, and she said I should see something within 30 days, I think the 30 days have passed already.

Comment

When an alien moves and has a pending petition with a Service Center he should do the following:

[1] File AR-11 [this although it is ridiculous does not update your address in their systems] to comply with the law, mail it certified mail.

[2] Send a Certified Letter, with your A#, Receipt Number, DOB, SSN, OLD ADDRESS and NEW ADDRESS, to the Service Center and Local office handleling your case, for example I sent a letter to VSC and another one to Newark.

[3] Call the Misinformation line [USCIS 1-800] and request to the representative to change your address and they would sent this information electronically to the Service Center.

After doing all of this, you MIGHT get the address updated, and you may or may not get confirmation of it. But it is your responsability to keep the return receipts from certified mailing to prove that you report it.

Comment

Working...
          X