Should I get a lawyer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a lawyer?

In late January I filed form N-600. I got a response asking for additional documents. Then I asked you guys for help.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...=194109951#194109951

I responded and now the problem is they haven't responded back. The time frame has passed and nothing. I wrote them a letter a few days ago and am awaiting a response.

I know an older gentleman who I help out after the hurricane down here. And Ive explained the situation to him. He is insisting that I'm making a mistake by not getting a lawyer. He has even offered to help me pay for one.But I just don't think I need one. What do you guys think?

In late January I filed form N-600. I got a response asking for additional documents. Then I asked you guys for help.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...=194109951#194109951

I responded and now the problem is they haven't responded back. The time frame has passed and nothing. I wrote them a letter a few days ago and am awaiting a response.

I know an older gentleman who I help out after the hurricane down here. And Ive explained the situation to him. He is insisting that I'm making a mistake by not getting a lawyer. He has even offered to help me pay for one.But I just don't think I need one. What do you guys think?

Comment

Two suggestions:

1) Make an Infopass appointment and talk to someone in person.

2) Write a letter directly to the Field Office Director having jurisdiction over your place of residence. Provide a cell phone number so the FOD can call you if necessary.

USCIS Field Offices

Comment

General letters to USCIS Headquarters don't work and get lost.

No lawyer necessary. Just a matter of making sure USCIS makes a decision.

Today they are supposed to make all decisions in 30 days at field offices.

Tell the FOD you should not be in the "Aging Report."

Comment

Thank you for your continued help federale

Comment

Working...
          X